Community

Already have a sim card and want to recommend someone

Started by: pepsi91
On: 12/09/2018 | 11:28
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: pepsi91
on: 12/09/2018 | 11:28

I can't find an answer elsewhere (im probably just not looking properly!) 

I have a sim card I was sent with a new phone but already had my own sim, my friend wants to join giffgaff so is there a way I can recommend him and just give him the spare sim card I already have instead of having to send him a new one in the post?

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mw854
on: 12/09/2018 | 13:04
Hi @pepsi91 that SIM is ok to use for a SIM swap if needed but I would order a new SIM to give to your friend so you both get rewarded when it activates. It's worth the wait for one to be delivered
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
by: isabel1066
on: 12/09/2018 | 11:43
@pepsi91 the sim you got with the phone just give this to your friend when he activates with £10 you will get £5 payback 500 points this you can collect in December.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: natty88
on: 12/09/2018 | 11:57

@pepsi91 if the sim was sent to give to a family member or friend its linked to your giffgaff account the friend who activates it gets 5 pounds free credit upon activating by minimum ten pounds top up voucher even an 02 ones works they then activate the sim here http://giffgaff.com/activate and click on activate by voucher 

you also get 500  payback points updated next month around the 5th working day and paid out in December 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 6
by: pepsi91
on: 12/09/2018 | 12:56

Th sim was sent with a phone I bought through GG/ratesetter so I assumed it was sent for my use and wouldn't automatically give me and my friend the recommendation bonuses. Would it not have to be ordered for the purpose of giving out to get the bonuses?

Message 4 of 6
by: mw854
on: 12/09/2018 | 13:04
Hi @pepsi91 that SIM is ok to use for a SIM swap if needed but I would order a new SIM to give to your friend so you both get rewarded when it activates. It's worth the wait for one to be delivered
Message 5 of 6
by: harrrrrry
on: 12/09/2018 | 22:37

@pepsi91

I assumed it was sent for my use and wouldn't automatically give me and my friend the recommendation bonuses.

Your understanding is correct. The sim that comes with a phone is identical to a sim you get from the giffgaff home page or a supermarket or argos -- it's not a member sim.

Only sims you order from the mgm page https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm or are ordered via your mgm affiliate link qualify for referral bonuses and payback.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 6