Amendment to iPhone internet settings

Started by: will23
On: 22/04/2014 | 14:24
Replies: 90

Go to best answer
by: scrappydez
on: 24/04/2014 | 08:53

@stonelli@  wrote:

As a follow up, the settings referred to in Internet and MMS settings (APN) guide, as linked to from Phone Support

are correct.

Nice bit of detective work, I've updated my guide again to show the infomation that you have provided http://bit.ly/iPhone-settings

Get your SIM delivered today by 1st Class Post, yeah boy.
Message 51 of 91
by: stonelli
on: 24/04/2014 | 09:16

Cool ;-)

If you like my post, or found it useful, please give me a Kudo, thanks :-)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 52 of 91
Highlighted
by: will23
former giff-staffer

on: 24/04/2014 | 09:23

@scottoag wrote:
will I've tried the quiz MULTIPLE times, know the answers, but keeps moving me to next question saying incomplete answer or just ignoring my input.

I want to be able to answer appropriately, and do so. Just quiz won't let me complete. Use my moto g on with KitKat and Opera. Don't have a PC.

Any ideas young man?

It sounds like your best bet is to try a different browser on your phone then. Sometimes various browsers just don't work which is frustrating.

@stonelli wrote:

AGAIN, when is the KB page going to be updated to be correct?

Don't forget that some people are perfectly capable of searching for information in the Help section, and right now you are providing official informatoin that is incorrect.

I have to say that, in my mind, this is another bit of egg on your face.

You shouldn't  roll out stuff until all the elements are in place

The best place to discuss KB changes is in this thread - http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/A-Knowledge-Base-Run-By-You-Contribute-to-the-KB/td-p/12...

The KB is mostly in the hands of the members now, although we did update a lot of the articles. If you think any articles should also be removed then that's a good place to discuss it.

Former Community Manager 
Message 53 of 91
by: kfc_50
on: 24/04/2014 | 10:17
Frame overload keeps appearing on my iPhone 4s screen everytime I try to get into the update site. Any solutions please?

kfc_50
Message 54 of 91
by: stonelli
on: 24/04/2014 | 10:53

@will23 

Will, thanks for the Contribute to the KB link.

I don't disagree with the idea of having it maintained by approved users but feel that there needs to be more gg oversite.

To use the iOS APN situation, in particular, there is redundancy, at the moment, and that can cause confusion if it is not all up to date. In this particular case, the rollout of uniform internet settings, a thorough cleanup should have been done, on the 22nd, to make sure all was copacetic.

I will comment in the Contribute to the KB thread. I think there should be only the one        Internet and MMS settings (APN) guide              page and that        iOS 7: Internet and MMS set-up              and        How to giffgaff iPhones (all iOS versions)              should not be there.

If you like my post, or found it useful, please give me a Kudo, thanks :-)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 55 of 91
by: stephen_nw6
on: 24/04/2014 | 11:03

@kfc_50 wrote:
Frame overload keeps appearing on my iPhone 4s screen everytime I try to get into the update site. Any solutions please?

kfc_50

Try using Safari on your phone, rather than any other browser.

Stephen

Message 56 of 91
by: meteor_strike
on: 24/04/2014 | 13:12

@stonelli@  wrote:

@will23 

I will comment in the Contribute to the KB thread. I think there should be only the one        Internet and MMS settings (APN) guide              page and that        iOS 7: Internet and MMS set-up              and        How to giffgaff iPhones (all iOS versions)              should not be there.

Totally agree with you about the first link but even that need some work, here it is reworded and making sense.

It's possible to reset the profile of your iPhone or iPad by clicking this link to download giffgaff's carrier profile: http://giff.ly/iphonesettings

To use it:

• Connect to a Wi-Fi network
  • Come to this page and click http://giff.ly/iphonesettings
  • Download and install the carrier profile
  • Reset your 3G connection

This will replace your current profile with giffgaff's Internet settings, including the parameters which can't be modified manually (e.g. proxy settings). 

Manual update

Some of the settings (e.g. proxies) are not available to iPhone users. For this reason, we invite you to use this method only when you are unable to use the method above.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Mobile (or Cellular)
  3. Go to Mobile (or Cellular) Data
  4. Under Mobile (or Cellular) Data Network, enter 

APN - giffgaff.com

Username – giffgaff

Password - "leave blank"

Proxy - Not visable but "leave blank"

5. Under MMS, enter 

APN – giffgaff.com

Username – giffgaff

Password – "leave blank"

MMSC – http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 82.132.254.1:8080

MMS Max Message Size - 2097152

MMS UA Prof URL (just leave blank)

6. Perform a Manual Roam then reboot your device.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 57 of 91
by: jesskarabbit
on: 24/04/2014 | 14:05
When I click on the link it says "frame load interupted" if I type the address manually into safari it look like the same software update as before and still doesn't allow the 3G to work. I have even tried entering settings manually. Still no joy Smiley Sad
Message 58 of 91
by: stephen_nw6
on: 24/04/2014 | 14:23

@jesskarabbit wrote:
When I click on the link it says "frame load interupted" if I type the address manually into safari it look like the same software update as before and still doesn't allow the 3G to work. I have even tried entering settings manually. Still no joy Smiley Sad

What are the current APN settings on your phone? What actually happens when you try to enter the settings manually?

Stephen

Message 59 of 91
by: kdlozuk
on: 24/04/2014 | 17:41
Use safari browser and them you can get the settings.
Message 60 of 91