Knowledge Base
Community

Are O2 confused regarding giffgaff's unlimted internet?

Started by: bryanchicken
On: 21/11/2011 | 11:37
Replies: 23

Go to best answer
by: bryanchicken
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:37

I just rang O2 with the aim of ending my contract and moving to giffgaff full-time.

Obviously they tried to persuade me to stay. In that process i mentioned the unlimited internet on giffgaff. The o2 guy said that i wouldn't be unlimited as the o2 deal with giffgaff wouldn't allow it. He basically said it would be the same as o2's offering (500mb, no charge for going over but slowed down).

Is the o2 chap right?

I think giffgaff's website is fairly clear in saying "truly unlimited" but the o2 guy has me wondering.

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: giffgafful
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:39

I think the O2 guy should not have told you that, since that is not giffgaff's stated policy.

Message 2 of 24
Highlighted
by: giffgafful

I think the O2 guy should not have told you that, since that is not giffgaff's stated policy.

Message 2 of 24
by: mitchell2010
no it definately is truly unlimited internet with giffgaff, they are lying, ive been with gg over a year and i have used upto 5GB of data before Smiley Happy
Smiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Happy

order a "hybrid" sim which can be used as a standard sim or can be pinched into a micro sim Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 24
by: zippygeorgebungle
He is blagging you unlimited is unlimited unless you use your data in the wrong way by connecting your phone to your computer and you'll be banned
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 4 of 24
by: frazerclark
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:42
The O2 guy is wrong. As was the guy that tried to keep me at 3 when I was leaving.

Ignore them and join!

I used 1500MB last month on my goodybag.
If my post helped, please click the Yellow star below my username. If my post answered your question and it's now sorted, click 'Accept as Solution', this way it will prevent any more duplicate answers from being posted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 24
by: andylamb
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:44
As long as you are doing normal phone activity and nothing that will stress the network, you can do it as much as you like.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 24
by: fourteenth
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:45

He is most likely just trying to tell you anything to try and persuade you to stay, When I asked for my o2 number PAC code to transfer it over to giffgaff the o2 guy offered me £10 to stay with o2 of which I refused, but yeahh, I'm pretty sure it is unlimited internet as i've had this goodybag myself and it worked fine.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 24
by: locksmith
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:45

Not sure if it's some sort of o2 policy but they are definately telling porkies when you try to leave.

I ported over my main phone at the begining of the month and was asked if I realised that gg runs at 1/2 power compared to o2.

O2 Rep : "if you have 4 bars with o2 , you will only get 2 bars with gg"

I've subsequently heard a few more good 'uns.

I can understand them not wanting lose customers but out and out porkies is a bit naughty !

Message 8 of 24
by: hg
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:51

O2 personnel are not competent to describe or explain giffgaff policy.

O2 is, for all intents and purposes, a competitor.

Regards

hg

Message 9 of 24
by: bryanchicken
on: 21/11/2011 | 11:52

Thanks for your help everyone! I will take all o2 info with a pinch of salt from now on

Message 10 of 24