Knowledge Base
Community

Are O2 confused regarding giffgaff's unlimted internet?

Started by: bryanchicken
On: 21/11/2011 | 11:37
Replies: 23

Go to best answer
by: ponch_76
on: 21/11/2011 | 13:15
Not related to O2 or giffgaff, but one lie I remember was from T-Mobile when I was leaving them to join 3.

They told me that if I was roaming on the 2G backup network on 3 (provided by O2 at the time, now Orange) then I would not be able to use my inclusive minutes.

That was rubbish!

Makes me wonder how many consumers change their minds about changing networks on the basis of lies being told.

Beware!
Get yourself a FREE giffgaff SIM card with £5 credit
- Click here to order yours now!

giffgaff signal problems? Check your postcode on O2 mobile network status page
Message 11 of 24
by: darren221980
on: 21/11/2011 | 14:17

When i called O2 to get my PAC code in June this year they tried to get me to stay by claiming the signal wasn't as good as theres, they didn't even know what network GiffGaff ran on so god knows how they can claim that GiffGaff don't provide unlimited data.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 24
by: srichards
on: 21/11/2011 | 14:27

If O2 retentions are still lying about GG then a complaint to their exec office is in order. It is not acceptable to tell customers lies to make them stay. Obtaining money by deception springs to mind! I'd also mention it to Ofcom as there is a general complaints form. They don't respond to invidiual complaints but if there are hundreds of people making the same complaint I'm sure they'd look at it. There's also BBC watchdog.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 24
by: valerij
on: 21/11/2011 | 14:35
Should have told the guy he is an idiot
Message 14 of 24
by: pen69
on: 21/11/2011 | 14:41

Its just the way big companies work. They will tell you anything to get you to stay with them.

They have targets in the retentions dept.      You wouldnt want to be the most unsuccessful guy in the dept would you?

It's decietful. But most companies are!!!!!!         Smiley Mad

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
You can choose any type of sim here. ;-)
Message 15 of 24
by: angela_kirton1
on: 21/11/2011 | 20:45
Hi I've also got my PAC code from O2 ready to switch to GG, the O2 chap said that GG Internet is alot slower than theirs for streaming etc and actually GG get 2nd preference over the network to O2. I'm now completely confused and would appreciate some help in making the right decision. Also if MMS aren't inclusive in goody bags does that mean that credit is needed on top of the goody bag, meaning more ££?? Thanks Ange
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 24
by: giffgafful
on: 22/11/2011 | 11:25 edited: 22/11/2011 | 11:27

@angela_kirton1 wrote:
Hi I've also got my PAC code from O2 ready to switch to GG, the O2 chap said that GG Internet is alot slower than theirs for streaming etc and actually GG get 2nd preference over the network to O2. I'm now completely confused and would appreciate some help in making the right decision. Also if MMS aren't inclusive in goody bags does that mean that credit is needed on top of the goody bag, meaning more ££?? Thanks Ange

You have very little to lose by just trying giffgaff. If you think it's not for you after a month or once you have used up your credit, you can simply stop topping up and you're done.

Yes, you would need normal airtime on top of a goodybag for MMS sending, but you could easily use alternatives like using email attachments for pictures and not pay extra too (on a +£10 goodybag and not tethering).

HTH

Edit: clarification

Message 17 of 24
by: angela_kirton1
on: 27/11/2011 | 17:43

Thanks for the clarification.  I've ignored the O2 chap and am a fully fledged giffgaffer Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 24
by: rifat2
on: 27/11/2011 | 17:47

They lie to keep you on there network. Just demand for your PAC and if they refuse say its the law and they'll hand it over instantly

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 24
by: gerald9469
on: 19/10/2015 | 04:23
How can u use unlimited in the wrong way unlimited means unlimited u must work 4 giffgafg
Message 20 of 24