Community

Banned and can't get my PAC code

Started by: paulmark75
On: 18/07/2019 | 10:55
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: paulmark75
on: 18/07/2019 | 10:55

I've received a final ban for sending too many text messags! I am the squad secretary for my son's u13 football team an occasionally i have to details to the players parents about matches, arrangements, notifications, etc. I send these to about 30 people maybe once or twice a week.

After the first ban I asked for specific advice on how many texts i can send without breaching T&Cs. The answer from an agent was :"For any future advise, you can triggered SMS bar, if you send many messages in short time frame, we are not sure how many people can be included as it is automated system, however if you are going to send messages in future to any larger group than 3 people please rather try to send it one by one with 10 minutes wait between each sending."

Not sure how many people can included! How are we supposed to know if you don't? 

I adhered to the rest of the advice and sent the group texts out with at least 10 minutes between them but apparently that wasn't good enough either and now I am banned for good. 

So now i want my PAC code because i want to keep my number as i have it for years (longf before joining GiffGaff) but now the link on my online account for that (get your PAC or STAC) is not working, leading to a error page.

Not sure about you guys, but my phone is a valauble day-to-day tool, and being able to send small batched group texts to a group of parents is not Spamming the network, and blocking service, and making it hard to move to another provider is just not on. And neither is the long wait for an agent to respond.

GiffGaff is a good idea in principle, but it definitely lacks in many others and it will never compete with the industry's big boys because of that and so it cannot be taken seriously in the industry either.

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: giffgaff20147
on: 18/07/2019 | 12:23

@paulmark75 

Hello well you can’t text if banned so can you try dialing 43431 to get it ,

if that fails then you must contact agents and tell them you want to leave https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Number-transfers/Getting-a-PAC/form/

Message 4 of 5
by: jfc1951
on: 18/07/2019 | 10:59

See if the PAC is available by dialing 43431 @paulmark75  , that is if you are able to connect to 43431

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 2 of 5
by: clikasarus
on: 18/07/2019 | 11:55

@paulmark75  Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community

sorry to see you go giffgaff isn’t for everyone

You can now Text the word PAC to 65075

And you should receive your code within 60 seconds and then  use this to transfer the phone number away from giffgaff

Or dial 43431 to request the code

once you have your code it will last for 30 days

but please be aware once you move you will loose any credit and payback you may of accumulated you can donate it to charity if you wish here ⬇️

Justgiving Page

(The account will stay open for administration purposes only )

also you may want to turn of any recurring and auto payments here ⬇️  before you go

Payment Details

hope this has been helpful for you 👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
by: giffgaff20147
on: 18/07/2019 | 12:23

@paulmark75 

Hello well you can’t text if banned so can you try dialing 43431 to get it ,

if that fails then you must contact agents and tell them you want to leave https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Number-transfers/Getting-a-PAC/form/

Message 4 of 5
by: jaymailsays
on: 18/07/2019 | 12:40

@paulmark75 Is it 24hrs since you heard from the agent since you requested your pac from them?

If it is, you can escalate your complaint via email rather than community messaging.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5