Community

Big Problem

Started by: anneguillot
On: 02/10/2015 | 17:53
Replies: 12

Go to best answer
by: anneguillot
on: 02/10/2015 | 17:53

I received a giffgaff sim with a 5 pound credit and I succeeded in activating it. I bought an 18 pounds googy bag and I received a new card sim but this one does'nt work. On my giffgaff account it tells me my goodybag is active but when I try to check my gifgaff balance on my phone it tells me it's impossible because my sim card is not valid. However, my phone recognizes the giffgaff network. So what's wrong? because the old sim card works well but my goody bag is on the other... What can I doThanks

Message 1 of 13
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: acetech
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:40 edited: 02/10/2015 | 19:10

Hi @anneguillot,

Can I just confirm that you activated your original sim then added an £18 goodybag and after this you received a second sim so put the new (second) sim into your phone?

If so please put the FIRST sim back into your phone and check the credit by dialling *100# and the goodybag by dialling *100*7#

As your credit AND goodybag should be on your FIRST sim, the second sim is to give to a friend and is not active.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 13
by: keelanginge
on: 02/10/2015 | 17:54
Hello @anneguillot
Hope your having a wonderful day 😀

Simply try restarting your phone. (Hold the power button and home button in for 10 seconds)
If I helped click ''best answer and kudos'' thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click Banner Above For A Free One Sim Fits All With £5 Credit.
Message 2 of 13
by: kerrieanne
on: 02/10/2015 | 17:58
If you activated your giffgaff SIM recently and never had any signal, the possible reasons are:
Your activation is incomplete
Your phone is locked to another operator
Incomplete activation
To check if your activation is complete, log in to the giffgaff website and head to "My giffgaff". If your SIM activation has been successful, your number will be displayed under your member name. Moreover, the credit or goodybag you bought with your first top-up is displayed.
Note that the activation can take up to 24 hours to complete. If you still have none of the above after this 24 hour period, please contact an agent. (Category "Mobile Services" and then "Activating your SIM".) Please give as much detail as possible so the agents can control the status of the activation of your SIM.
Your phone is locked to another operator
If you have an error message on your phone (eg.s "Invalid SIM", "Enter Network Unlock Key"), it is likely that your phone is locked to another operator. For more information about unlocking your phone, you can have a peek at our unlockapedia which is a handy guide to websites and advice to unlock specific phones

If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6S
Message 3 of 13
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:01

Thanks for trying but I have already tried thousands of times withoud success...

Message 4 of 13
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:04

Thank you for your answer,

however my phones do have a giffgaff signal, and on my accound it says my goody bag is valid and my phone number appears under my nae but I can't make any phone calls, texts, or use the wifii... I don't understand what is happening...

Message 5 of 13
by: headcases
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:07
try:
1. Turning your phone off, then wait five minutes, then turn your phone back on again, then wait five more minutes and try using it as normal
2. A manual roam - there's a handy guide for this at http://is.gd/manualroam
If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks

Sent from my iphone 6s
Message 6 of 13
by: sloz
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:09
@anneguillot
Whst does it say exactly when you dial *100# and *100*7# ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 13
by: ray2
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:21

anneguillot wrote:

Thank you for your answer,

however my phones do have a giffgaff signal, and on my accound it says my goody bag is valid and my phone number appears under my nae but I can't make any phone calls, texts, or use the wifii... I don't understand what is happening...

hi @anneguillot

it seems by what your saying that you activated your first sim on your account,brought an £18 goodybag then tried to activate a second sim that was sent to you?

you say the first sim works in your phone as this is the first sim you activated this will be the one that is showing you the mobile number on your my giffgaff page,does it also show you the goodybag you brought ?

you can only have 1 sim working per 1 account so the second sim you recieved  was meant to be for a spare or to give to family or a friend.

if you are saying the goodybag is on the second sim,not on your first working sim,then you will need to contact an agent,who are brilliant at sorting out account issues

https://giffgaff.com/support/ask  

explain to them what has happened, agents can take up to 24hrs to reply (they are having a technicol issue at the moment with members being able to see their replys,but it should hopefully be sorted out soon,below is a link so you are aware of the issue

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Members-unable-to-view-Agent-Messages/td-p/17396570

to see agent replys please go to your my giffgaff page scroll down on the right hand side you will see "message from agents!

or alternatively try this

http://giffgaff.com/support/questions

all the best

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 13
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:33

SIm not valid...

Message 9 of 13
by: acetech
on: 02/10/2015 | 18:40 edited: 02/10/2015 | 19:10

Hi @anneguillot,

Can I just confirm that you activated your original sim then added an £18 goodybag and after this you received a second sim so put the new (second) sim into your phone?

If so please put the FIRST sim back into your phone and check the credit by dialling *100# and the goodybag by dialling *100*7#

As your credit AND goodybag should be on your FIRST sim, the second sim is to give to a friend and is not active.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 13