Community

Blocked from "18+" sites, despite verifying age

Started by: helenarth
On: 20/04/2015 | 15:15
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: helenarth
on: 20/04/2015 | 15:15
I verified my age (over 18) about a year and a half ago using my passport. Today, for some reason, I'm getting an error message of "sorry, this site is for over 18's" on some pages.

When I go into my account settings, "view adult content" option is set to On. If I try opening up the setting and re-saving it, with the Adult Content option saved as On, I get a message saying "The details you entered are either missing or incorrect. Please try again." All my account details are correct - address, email, etc.

Any ideas? I'll be really unimpressed if I have to re-verify as my passport is out of date* and even though I'm ordering a new one, it will take a while to arrive.

*I know this is not related to my current problem as it went out of date ages ago, and this problem has only just happened.
Please consider giving kudos or marking my post as a solution if I helped you Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: blockmonkey
on: 20/04/2015 | 15:18
If it has already been authorised then I'd get an agent to look at it. My passport expired 3 years ago and I still have my age verification on.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
by: blockmonkey
on: 20/04/2015 | 15:18
If it has already been authorised then I'd get an agent to look at it. My passport expired 3 years ago and I still have my age verification on.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: lucy68
on: 20/04/2015 | 15:20

hi

ask an agent to look into this for you here http://giff.ly/agentsadultbar

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 6
by: netley
on: 20/04/2015 | 15:21
From my experience sometimes it requires to restart the phone to unblock the adult content.
Message 4 of 6
by: helenarth
on: 20/04/2015 | 15:21
Right, will ask an agent then. Smiley Happy
Please consider giving kudos or marking my post as a solution if I helped you Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
by: philbond
on: 20/04/2015 | 15:22

@helenarth wrote:
I verified my age (over 18) about a year and a half ago using my passport. Today, for some reason, I'm getting an error message of "sorry, this site is for over 18's" on some pages.

When I go into my account settings, "view adult content" option is set to On. If I try opening up the setting and re-saving it, with the Adult Content option saved as On, I get a message saying "The details you entered are either missing or incorrect. Please try again." All my account details are correct - address, email, etc.

Any ideas? I'll be really unimpressed if I have to re-verify as my passport is out of date* and even though I'm ordering a new one, it will take a while to arrive.

*I know this is not related to my current problem as it went out of date ages ago, and this problem has only just happened.

contact an Agent using this link https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/adult_content_restriction and explain in the INFO box what has happened.  can take 24hrs to reply but usually quicker.  replies will  be here http://giffgaff.com/support/questions

Retired Super Recruiter
Message 6 of 6