Community

Bloody bank cards & top up vouchers

Started by: tiggersnapper
On: 05/10/2014 | 11:22
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: tiggersnapper
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:22
My bank was late in sending me my new debit card (expires end of the month) the one I buy my goodie bag with. Giffgaff alerted me to the fact so it reminded me about the card and that I'd not had the new one. I went to the bank who assured me it had been sent out on the 09/09! So they then cancelled the new and current card. I tried to suspend my goodie bag (starting midnight tonight) and just bought a top up voucher to pay for this month only to be told vouchers are not acceptable for goodie bags - thanks giffgaff. Thinking of moving on as other suppliers unlimited data for the same price now. Oh and guess what was waiting for me when I got home from the bank, yup that lost card - where had it been for 25 days? Fed up Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: endorphin
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:49
To convert airtime credit into a goodybag see this guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/Can-I-buy-a-goodybag-gigabag-with-my-existing-...

Note that the option to exchange airtime credit for a goodybag will not appear under the following circumstances, as these options require payment via debit or credit card:

you do not have enough airtime credit to pay for the goodybag you've selected; or
you add additional credit to your basket; or
you set your goodybag to recur; or
you set airtime credit to auto top-up.
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 7 of 9
by: king1702
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:25
You should have converted your airtime credit to a goodybag
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
by: cj_9
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:27

You can convert the voucher into airtime credit, then buy a goodiebag and check the box that says to use airtime credit to pay for a goodiebag. Hope this helps for the future. Sorry to hear about the bank situation, it sucks when that happens!!

Message 3 of 9
by: argos1
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:30
yes vouchers only give you credit but then you can exchange the credit for a goodybag
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
by: tw1sted_moss
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:31
you can use your airtime credit to buy a goodybag and use it as normal
Message 5 of 9
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:46
Thanks @Argos & @tw1sted_moss do you have the page URL for this?
Message 6 of 9
by: endorphin
on: 05/10/2014 | 11:49
To convert airtime credit into a goodybag see this guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/Can-I-buy-a-goodybag-gigabag-with-my-existing-...

Note that the option to exchange airtime credit for a goodybag will not appear under the following circumstances, as these options require payment via debit or credit card:

you do not have enough airtime credit to pay for the goodybag you've selected; or
you add additional credit to your basket; or
you set your goodybag to recur; or
you set airtime credit to auto top-up.
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 7 of 9
on: 05/10/2014 | 12:15
@endorphin many thanks for that will try this on my landline laptop as the cafe wifi sux
Message 8 of 9
on: 05/10/2014 | 13:48
Can I add it wasn't working until i deleted my cc/debit card info. After that it says done. Waiting for midnight to see if I am still connected on the goodybag. Thanks once again Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 9