Community

Bogus Usage Statement

Started by: saulegoode
On: 11/01/2019 | 20:45
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
by: saulegoode
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:45 edited: 11/01/2019 | 21:32

Is this a bogus statement and text message?Screenshot_20190111-203807_Messages.jpg

Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: figment_uk
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:52

@saulegoode

It's a scam

Please do not click on the link.

If you've already clicked on the link and completed any information, you should immediately:

• Change your giffgaff password
  • Check your account details (name, address, email) have not been changed
  • Change your email password
  • Change your password on any other site that uses the same email/password combination (note: never use the same password more than once)
  • If your bank card is stored on your account, contact your bank to alert them to potential fraudulent activity
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 4
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:52

@saulegoode

It's a scam

Please do not click on the link.

If you've already clicked on the link and completed any information, you should immediately:

• Change your giffgaff password
  • Check your account details (name, address, email) have not been changed
  • Change your email password
  • Change your password on any other site that uses the same email/password combination (note: never use the same password more than once)
  • If your bank card is stored on your account, contact your bank to alert them to potential fraudulent activity
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 4
by: saulegoode
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:56
Thanks, didn't click it - logged into my account and checked if there were any legit statements first. Be good if GiffGaff could send a broad email as I have my kids on the same network too and would most likely click it!

Cheers amigo Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:59

@saulegoode

See: 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Heads-up-on-some-scams-protect-yourself/td-p/2224127...

and 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Security-Update-Phishing-smishing-and-SIM-swaps/td-p...

Message 4 of 4