Community

Brand new iphone 6s already having problems

Started by: cl0akincellar
On: 12/07/2019 | 02:07
Replies: 33

Go to best answer
by: cl0akincellar
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:07

I bought an iphone 6s brand new from Giffgaff on 2nd July, I've had it since the 3rd, was all good and had no problems up until yesterday, it takes ages to find any wifi connections, the existing connections flash up on the screen with less of a signal than they have and then disappear, the top of the phone at the back overheats whenever I try to connect to the wifi. It constantly tells me the wifi password is incorrect and won't connect. 

So far I've tried:

• restarting the phone 2 or 3 different ways
  • resetting network connections
  • selecting 'forget this connection' then redoing it
  • turning the wifi off and on, leaving varying time until retrying 
  • typing the password really slowly
  • turning off wifi under location settings 
  • resetting the router
  • checking to see if the device is blacklisted by the router

Any more suggestions? 

I should add that there's been no accidental damage and it's only been charged with the wire etc it was supplied with (official apple products).

There's no wifi issues on any other devices, and I spoke to apple support who suggested it may need repairing or exchanging, but it was working perfectly fine up until yesterday, surely there's gotta be a fix? Especially since it's a brand new device!

Message 1 of 34
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: jaymailsays
on: 15/07/2019 | 12:49

@cl0akincellar If the Royal Mail tracker shows delivered and signature, the phone will be in a queue for testing and approval for a replacement to be sent out.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 32 of 34
by: giffgaff20147
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:26

Hello @cl0akincellar 

when you go to password do you click on it because that brings up the full password otherwise the pasword you see on first page is not complete and won’t work 

also make sure find phone is on 

I have same phone they do get hot on WiFi keeping charger connected helps that 

are you using phone as hotspot or are you connecting phone to WiFi 

Message 2 of 34
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:27
I'm trying to connect it to my home wifi, it was perfectly fine until yesterday, keeping it on charge doesn't help, as soon as I go to the 'wifi' section it starts heating up straight away!
Message 3 of 34
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:28
If you read what I put above, I've clicked 'forget this device' and haven't been able to reconnect, so I've been typing the full password in, yes
Message 5 of 34
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:30
I've got wifi on my laptop, and my 4g on my phone is fine, it's the wifi specifically I'm having trouble with.
Message 6 of 34
by: jaymailsays
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:32

@cl0akincellar  If it were me, I would return the phone for a full refund, its post free at the post office. Use the link.

https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details#orders

For a repair under warranty, if convenient go to Apple Store, they will test while you wait.

If not, book a repair:-

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Phones/Phone-repair/form/

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 34
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:33
Yes I'm under limited warranty by both, so I don't know who would be best to return it to. If I return it to GiffGaff for a refund, how do I know I won't be sent out another with the same problem?
Message 8 of 34
by: lmort57
on: 12/07/2019 | 02:36

@cl0akincellarwrote:

I bought an iphone 6s brand new from Giffgaff on 2nd July, I've had it since the 3rd, was all good and had no problems up until yesterday, it takes ages to find any wifi connections, the existing connections flash up on the screen with less of a signal than they have and then disappear, the top of the phone at the back overheats whenever I try to connect to the wifi. It constantly tells me the wifi password is incorrect and won't connect. 

So far I've tried:

• restarting the phone 2 or 3 different ways
  • resetting network connections
  • selecting 'forget this connection' then redoing it
  • turning the wifi off and on, leaving varying time until retrying 
  • typing the password really slowly
  • turning off wifi under location settings 
  • resetting the router
  • checking to see if the device is blacklisted by the router

Any more suggestions? 

I should add that there's been no accidental damage and it's only been charged with the wire etc it was supplied with (official apple products).

There's no wifi issues on any other devices, and I spoke to apple support who suggested it may need repairing or exchanging, but it was working perfectly fine up until yesterday, surely there's gotta be a fix? Especially since it's a brand new device!

Hi if you suspect the phone to be faulty you may want to look at how to return it

https://giffgaff.com/support/your-device/returning-your-phone

If my Answer has helped please Kudos and please Mark as Best Answer - many thanks!
Message 10 of 34