CREDIT CHECK

Started by: h8181067
On: 14/06/2018 | 22:02
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: h8181067
on: 14/06/2018 | 22:02

I tried to buy a contract phone but was decline due to my poor credit rating. Yet I passed a higher credit check rating and was offered a high end phone. So what's the point of using a SIM that I ordered from Giffgaff if I cannot get a phone. Yet you run off the network who proceeded my order. Go away your credit check is a farce.

Michael Plunkett
Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: timco
on: 15/06/2018 | 00:08

h8181067 wrote:

I tried to buy a contract phone but was decline due to my poor credit rating. Yet I passed a higher credit check rating and was offered a high end phone. So what's the point of using a SIM that I ordered from Giffgaff if I cannot get a phone. Yet you run off the network who proceeded my order. Go away your credit check is a farce.

What was your main reason for choosing gg was it the phone or the network deals?

If it was the network deals then the point is that you will still get those deals regardless of where the sim comes from. gg do not do contract phones they sell phones which can either be bought outright or on a loan from a third party, it is the third party who have rejected you not gg who play no part in the loan.

If it was the phoine then why are you worried anout the gg sim?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 4
by: nigelbrooks
on: 14/06/2018 | 22:18

@h8181067

Your credit rating is not giffgaff's problem.

The credit check is not undertaken by giffgaff but by Ratesetter the finance house who loan the money. They are quite selective and only choose 'better' risks for their loans. They have a 0% default rate and you simply did not meet their criteria. Other lenders, as you have found, are less selective.

Enjoy your new phone.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 2 of 4
by: jt_21
on: 14/06/2018 | 22:37

h8181067 wrote:

@h8181067 it was a Loan you were applying for not a contract phone ... Sorry to hear you were declined for the Loan, that is Ratesetters decision. if you have managed to get a loan/contract phone elsewhere then great 🙂

Message 3 of 4
by: timco
on: 15/06/2018 | 00:08

h8181067 wrote:

What was your main reason for choosing gg was it the phone or the network deals?

If it was the network deals then the point is that you will still get those deals regardless of where the sim comes from. gg do not do contract phones they sell phones which can either be bought outright or on a loan from a third party, it is the third party who have rejected you not gg who play no part in the loan.

If it was the phoine then why are you worried anout the gg sim?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 4