Knowledge Base
Community

Can I choose my own business number?

Started by: mandimo
On: 25/06/2019 | 13:16
Replies: 5

by: mandimo
on: 25/06/2019 | 13:16 edited: 25/06/2019 | 13:18

Can I choose an easy to remember business number?

Message 1 of 6
by: clikasarus
on: 25/06/2019 | 13:33 edited: 25/06/2019 | 13:35

@mandimo  Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community

Giffgaff doesn’t support business use and you will only be given a randomly selected number even if you changed which you are allowed to do twice please follow the guidance below You can port  in the number if it is already with a different network but if not you only have two changes with gigaff 

• Members can change their number twice

(A third time requires you to ask a agent )

•This service is only available between hours of 4.30am and 9.30 pm here ⬇️

Profile Details

• One thing to keep in mind is that you will have to wait 24 hours before attempting to make a second change to your number.

Can I Change My Mobile Number

• Also here is a guide if you are receiving nuisance calls ⬇️

What To Do If You Receive Nuisance Calls

hope this is helpful for you 👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: jonkent
on: 25/06/2019 | 13:35
@mandimo

No, you're not able to select numbers, you're allocated one at random from the pool of numbers that giffgaff have in the tank.

If you require an easy to remember number, then your best bet is to buy one, and port it over to your giffgaff SIM/account. It's a bit of a round-about method, but the only realistic option you have.

In closing, it's worth mentioning that giffgaff as a service isn't intended for business use, though it's no secret that members do use it as such.

I only stress this since if you do experience a loss of service on giffgaff, then they're not liable for any loss of business you incure should there's an outage.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 6
by: mcilwraith
on: 25/06/2019 | 13:46

@mandimowrote:

Can I choose an easy to remember business number?

not unless you already have one that you can bring with you

Message 4 of 6
by: isabel1066
on: 25/06/2019 | 15:49
you have to take what giffgaff has there are some good numbers but its the luck of the draw.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 6
by: bladerunner929
on: 26/06/2019 | 09:51

@mandimo hi, unfortunately not, had Giffgaff supported business use then maybe this would've been an option  

Message 6 of 6