Can I keep my same number

Started by: liamhead
On: 20/05/2018 | 16:35
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: liamhead
on: 20/05/2018 | 16:35

Hi all

I have been with Giff gaff for two years today and my contract is over with my final payment being taken on the 22nd. My phone screen has broken today and I can not seem to unlock my phone. I have taken out a new contract as my current one wil expire in two days.

My question is, can I use the same sim card? my new phone will be a iphone 8+ and my last was a iphone 6. Ideally I would like to keep the same number.

Thank you for reading this,

Regards

Liam

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: acetech
on: 20/05/2018 | 16:44
Hi,

Yes you can use the same SIM card, if ordering from giffgaff just order while logged in to your account then use your existing SIM when it comes.

All the best!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
by: acetech
on: 20/05/2018 | 16:44
Hi,

Yes you can use the same SIM card, if ordering from giffgaff just order while logged in to your account then use your existing SIM when it comes.

All the best!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: simone_w
community giff-staffer

on: 20/05/2018 | 16:48
Hi @liamhead

I have moved this to Help & Support where our members will be able to assist you further, if needed

Simone
giffgaff Educator | WFH Team
Message 3 of 6
by: jackpugh
on: 20/05/2018 | 17:46

Yes you can use your same sim in your new phone.

Message 4 of 6
by: rite2bite
on: 13/10/2018 | 11:26

Hi 

i have completed my voda phone contract and wants to move to giffgaff my question is can I keep sane telephone number without changing to different number?

Message 5 of 6
by: alexmgg2
on: 13/10/2018 | 12:22

@rite2bite

Yes, you can transfer your old phone number from Vodafone after you have joined giffgaff. You will need to ask Vodafone for your PAC  (Porting Authorisation Code) before you terminate your contract with them. This will be valid for 30 days. If you want to continue to use the same phone, you may also need to ask Vodafone for the unlock code, in order to be able to use it on giffgaff.

You will then need to activate a giffgaff SIM. This will initially be allocated a new random phone number, but after 24 hours, you can submit your PAC to giffgaff here:

https://giffgaff.com/profile/details#portin

The actual transfer will take place on the next working day if you submit your PAC before 5pm, or the working day after that if it's later. The actual transfer may take up to 24 hours, during which your phone may be unusable, though it's normally more like 3-4 hours.

For full details, see here:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/Joining-giffgaff/ta-p/9179750

By the way, if you need more help with anything else in the future, you will probably get a quicker answer by starting your own thread, by clicking on the Ask a question button at the top of the Help & Support forum, rather than tacking on to the end of an old thread.

Good luck, and welcome to giffgaff!

If my answer has helped you solve your problem, please consider setting it as Best answer, or leaving Kudos points. Thanks!
Message 6 of 6