Knowledge Base
Community

Can't Get My Last Mobile Provider To Unblock My iPhone 5 - Any Ideas?

Started by: mofreeman
On: 16/10/2014 | 12:50
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: mofreeman
on: 16/10/2014 | 12:50

Orange are simply not playing ball with me and it's 2-weeks tomorrow since I advised them I wanted to unblock my phone as I was moving to giffgaff. I've now been without any mobile service since the 8th and despite several calls and two broken promises about it being done in the next 24-hours I'm still no further forward.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get my phone unblocked and start using my giffgaff bundle?

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: sarge7
on: 16/10/2014 | 13:14
After 2 or 3 phone calls to orange where I was also promised unlock code within 24 hrs I phoned & politely advised them that as per oranges complaint procedure I was serving notice that I would have no further contact with cust svces & all further contact would be with complaints dept. Got my unlock code via SMS within 30 minutes(think I was lucky) Good luck its very frustrating.
Message 4 of 8
by: figment_uk
on: 16/10/2014 | 12:50

@mofreeman wrote:

Orange are simply not playing ball with me and it's 2-weeks tomorrow since I advised them I wanted to unblock my phone as I was moving to giffgaff. I've now been without any mobile service since the 8th and despite several calls and two broken promises about it being done in the next 24-hours I'm still no further forward.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get my phone unblocked and start using my giffgaff bundle?

Unblocked or unlocked (there's a difference)

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 2 of 8
by: mh769
on: 16/10/2014 | 12:58
you can only keep on at orange. to unblock your phone. do you mean unlock ?
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
by: sarge7
on: 16/10/2014 | 13:14
After 2 or 3 phone calls to orange where I was also promised unlock code within 24 hrs I phoned & politely advised them that as per oranges complaint procedure I was serving notice that I would have no further contact with cust svces & all further contact would be with complaints dept. Got my unlock code via SMS within 30 minutes(think I was lucky) Good luck its very frustrating.
Message 4 of 8
on: 16/10/2014 | 13:42

Unlocked not unblocked sorry

Message 5 of 8
on: 16/10/2014 | 13:44

Thanks for this - I shall advise them of this tonight when I call at 9pm... Which is 30-mins beyond their promised fix time!

Message 6 of 8
by: psl184
on: 16/10/2014 | 13:47
Orange CS is just about the worst there is - Good luck Smiley Wink
Get a free giffgaff Sim

All my replies are personal - I will never copy / paste irrelevant info.
Message 7 of 8
on: 17/10/2014 | 23:47
Up and running on giffgaff at last... Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support 👏
Message 8 of 8