Can't donate to comic relief

Started by: andy69
On: 15/03/2019 | 19:29
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: andy69
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:03
Having made no changes to my phone or my account, a fourth retry worked. I guess my phone must have had a weak signal. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 15
by: sloz
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:16

@andy69wrote:

Having made no changes to my phone or my account, a fourth retry worked. I guess my phone must have had a weak signal. Thanks to everyone who helped.

@andy69

The call-services page within your profile details page has no effect on your ability to send texts to shortcode numbers,

Its odd that the texts didn't send on previous occasions. Which phone do you have?

And the text definitely only sent once?

I'm sure you're aware  but if the text sends  and you don't have sufficient credit to cover the donation, 

It'll be deducted the next time you top up to at least the ammount of the donation 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 15
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:26
I've got a Moto G6. My phone said it hadn't been sent and to tap to resend. So, I tried to resend a couple of times before I started this thread.
My airtime credit balance has gone down £20 so I believe it's been sent once. Nothing in my usage yet and probably won't be until tomorrow.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 15
by: sloz
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:33

@andy69wrote:

I've got a Moto G6. My phone said it hadn't been sent and to tap to resend. So, I tried to resend a couple of times before I started this thread.
My airtime credit balance has gone down £20 so I believe it's been sent once. Nothing in my usage yet and probably won't be until tomorrow.

@andy69

Occasionally, if you see a message fail error it'll actually have been sent,

You'll see details of the donation after 8am on Sunday, 

Obviously, you'll only see details of charges that have actually been deducted from your balance

And not any owing charges 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 15
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:37
I've had confirmation reply from comic relief. It looks like I've made a single donation.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 15