Knowledge Base
Community

Can you clarify

Started by: fisherlawyer1
On: 15/03/2019 | 08:02
Replies: 6

by: fisherlawyer1
on: 15/03/2019 | 08:02

Hi I’m a uk resident who comes n goes to Spain. When I’m In The uk I use this sim n email or WhatsApp etc to peeps in Spain . Is that outside your terms ? 

Message 1 of 7
by: natty88
on: 15/03/2019 | 08:06

@fisherlawyer1  as your sending emails and using what's app it comes from your data allowances in goody bag if use them if not its charged at 5p per megabyte data from credit top up 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: beebeer
on: 15/03/2019 | 08:15
Giffgaff will only allow you to use a goodybag for 60 continious days in EU after that you'll have to use credit. Look here for further details https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Using-your-mobile-abroad/ta-p/3522931
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
by: rebelyell
on: 15/03/2019 | 08:19
You can use WhatsApp in the same way you use any other app that relies on a data connection.

The only restrictions on it are dictated by how much data you have available. Even if you are out of data you can use it over WiFi.
Message 4 of 7
by: mrsgrowler
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:54

@fisherlawyer1wrote:

Hi I’m a uk resident who comes n goes to Spain. When I’m In The uk I use this sim n email or WhatsApp etc to peeps in Spain . Is that outside your terms ? 

No @fisherlawyer1 when in the U.K. you can call, text and use data for anything you like as long as you have the appropriate funding in place ie Airtime Credit and / or a Goodybag.

As you are not obliged to have only one or the other but can have both it is up to you how you use the phone.

So for example if you generally use a goodybag while here to make U.K. calls but also have some Airtime Credit then you can connect to Spain via apps using data from the bag but you could also call or text them using your credit at the following rates:

Landline - 2p per min

Mobile - 9p per min

Text - 8p

MMS - 16p

When you leave the U.K. to go to Spain you are then covered by the EU Roam Like at Home regulations and so could continue to use a goodybag for as long as your eligibility lasted.

Your right to use the goodybag is based on your U.K. vs non-U.K. usage over a rolling 120 day period so the headline figure is that you can have up to a maximum of 63 days use of a bag before your eligibility runs out. However it does require you to be aware of how long you spend in and out of the U.K. over time as it is not a straight 60 days every time you go to the EU as some people think!

All that said even if you run out of the right to use the allowances included in your bag and have to start using your Airtime Credit just having a live bag does give you access to the cheaper EU defined PAYG rates of 3.2p per min, 1p per text and 0.47p per MB.

So you may find that having a bag (even the £5 one) while in Spain might work for you.

I hope that has helped but if you want any more information do come back and ask.

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 7 of 7