Knowledge Base
Community

Cannot load backups

Started by: showboat23
On: 15/03/2019 | 07:28
Replies: 6

by: showboat23
on: 15/03/2019 | 07:28

I have bought a reconditioned phone from giff gaff after dropping my last one down the toilet. I’ve transferred to a new sim which is connecting when I ring through from another phone.

when I try to access my sim backup it just keeps saying there was a problem and to try again or to set up as a new phone- I don’t want to lose all my apps etc. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
by: persco
on: 15/03/2019 | 07:31

@showboat23wrote:

I have bought a reconditioned phone from giff gaff after dropping my last one down the toilet. I’ve transferred to a new sim which is connecting when I ring through from another phone.

when I try to access my sim backup it just keeps saying there was a problem and to try again or to set up as a new phone- I don’t want to lose all my apps etc. Any ideas?

Hi @showboat23  What phone is it please? If you did a sim swap, contacts don’t transfer with sim swap. 

If if you had backed up your phone to iCloud or cloud or your laptop or somewhere else, that’s where the issue lies not your sim. 

Sim swap just swap your account details including number, Goodybags etc to the new sim and that’s it. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: psan939
on: 15/03/2019 | 07:44
Hi what phone is it so we can help you better?
Message 3 of 7
by: p33t3r
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:18

When you transfer to a new handset the new one should be entire clean. Do a factory reset and then set the handset wirelesly up to your Google or icloud account  What you should be offered then is the strategy to transfer all your settings and apps to the new handset from the old one. Should that fail to happen you can go to Google apps and they keep a library of apps that you have purchased that you are free to reinstall on your new handset

Message 4 of 7
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:34

It’s an iPhone 6 and I have been trying to get my back up via iCloud but after putting my password in it tells me there is a problem but not what it is! 

Message 5 of 7
by: persco
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:44

@showboat23wrote:

It’s an iPhone 6 and I have been trying to get my back up via iCloud but after putting my password in it tells me there is a problem but not what it is! 

Try via iTunes using your usb cable instead @showboat23 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:55

Looks like it’s a password issue. Thanks for the heads up it’s to do with the cloud settings. Much appreciated 

Message 7 of 7