Knowledge Base
Community

Cant access the internet on orange san francisco

Started by: xboxer
On: 14/10/2010 | 22:53
Replies: 6

by: xboxer
on: 14/10/2010 | 22:53

I have all the settings correct on the san francisco yet still cant connect to the internet anyone help me with this I have activated the sim tonight and put credit  many thanks

Message 1 of 7
by: adam98675
on: 14/10/2010 | 22:55
Some new sims when activated have an internet bar in place which you need to contact an agent to remove
Message 2 of 7
by: spartacus
on: 14/10/2010 | 22:59

Have a look at this post - if you're new to giffgaff there is most likely a bar on using the internet on the SIM at present.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/NEW-USERS-Got-problems-with-your-I...

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: bulldogno1
on: 14/10/2010 | 23:08

Try doing a search in the community for San Francisco. It comes up with lots of tips for configuring APN settings. I've got an unlocked SF myself and soon got mine working on the internet. Unless of course your sim is still blocked to the internet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your question has been answered, click the Accept as Solution button on the message that contains the best reply. You can also give 'kudos' to messages that you think have been helpful - click the star to the left of the relevant message.
If you'd like a giffgaff SIM with £5 free credit, send me a Private Message by clicking here (you still need to topup £10 to activate)
Message 4 of 7
by: jdevine
on: 15/10/2010 | 10:55

Hi xboxer,

I've had a check and can see that there's no internet bar on your sim, so if you're still having issues you'll have to alter the settings.

Regards

John @ The giffgaff Team

John Devine
Handy giff-staffer

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice! .....
Message 5 of 7
by: stewiek
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:25

I'm having the same problems with getting online. My sim is activatd, and a £30 goody bag paid for. And I've manually put the settings in yet can't get online!?

Help! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: spartacus
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:41

@stewiek wrote:

I'm having the same problems with getting online. My sim is activatd, and a £30 goody bag paid for. And I've manually put the settings in yet can't get online!?

Help! Smiley Happy

Stewiek - have you checked with an agent that the internet bar has been lifted?

If it has - you're ready and should be able to use the settings in this post

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/APN-settings-for-Orange-San-Franci...

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 7