Community

Crisis Donation

Started by: crispyw67
On: 18/12/2018 | 12:47
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: crispyw67
on: 18/12/2018 | 12:47

I just received an email saying I'll be receving a 90 pence refund for each giffgaff phone on my account (3 phones) - I definitely opted to donate this money to charity - so why has this happened? I see from one of the other threads that I'm not the only one. Is there any way to change this? Crisis could be getting a much larger donation if you've made this mistake for a large proportion of your customers. Who has done the calculations? Whilst I'm happy to make a donation to Crisis separately, if this is a mistake on your part, then it's not exactly great PR for giffgaff when it looks like two thirds of your community chose to keep 90 pence rather than donate it to the homeless at Christmas?

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: patchandcrew
on: 19/12/2018 | 15:42

@crispyw67 wrote:

I didn't post anything with venom - and haven't seen any posts saying they're looking into it - but 3 friends on giffgaff have all had the same thing, so if it is a mistake let's hope it's one in favour of Crisis! 

I didn't say you had used venom, others have :/

There was an update on another thread, copy/pasted below ☺ 

"Hey folks, that investigation is complete now and we've figured out what happened.

If you have multiple accounts on the same email address that were affected, we sent a different email that wrapped all of the choices into a single message for all the accounts. We did that to avoid bombarding people with multiple emails just because they happen to manage their family's phones, or have a phone and a tablet SIM, etc.

There was a mistake that meant that everyone in that group of emails got a message saying that they'd chosen credit. It's a mistake in the email, and not our recording of the choice, so everyone who chose charity will have their payment correctly made to Crisis. Anyone who chose charity that we sent the wrong email to will get a follow-up one explaining what happened, but don't worry - all the money from the fund will go where members chose.

Sorry folks!"

Message 8 of 8
by: natty88
on: 18/12/2018 | 12:55

@crispyw67 you could inquire with the agents and click any topic in list then use the how can we help box and explain contact the agents 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/using-giffgaff/when-to-contact-an-agent/ta-p/9114714

remember allow from a few hours up to a maximum time of 24hrs for agents replies which will show here when logged into your account 

http://giffgaff.com/support/questions 

Remember agents work from 8am until 11pm daily 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
by: karlie12
on: 18/12/2018 | 12:55
You can’t chsnge this yourself so please contact an agent who can assist you further. Enjoy your day
Message 3 of 8
by: mrsbullitt
on: 18/12/2018 | 12:56

Hi @crispyw67

My husband has had the same email and he definately chose charity,

I'll wait to see if I get the same not looking good.

Angie.

Need a Sim quick send me a PM and I'll pop one in the post 1st class
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
by: jade1085
on: 18/12/2018 | 14:35
I have had the same issue I donated yet received an email stating I chose airtime! I think it’s deliberate so they give less money to charity and just credit people with lousy airtime,
Message 5 of 8
on: 18/12/2018 | 22:20 edited: 18/12/2018 | 22:25

@jade1085 with over a million to deal with in a very short time its understandable that some have slipped through, giffgaff staff are human beings. .It has already been posted that its being looked into right now.

Why on earth would giffgaff want a smaller amount to go to the charity, that makes no sense?? Its members money when it comes down to it, so giffgaff have nothing to gain by giving people the credit instead of it going to charity. 

I find it very sad that generous donations by members are being called into question with such unpleasant venom by some :/

Message 6 of 8
by: crispyw67
on: 19/12/2018 | 08:55

I didn't post anything with venom - and haven't seen any posts saying they're looking into it - but 3 friends on giffgaff have all had the same thing, so if it is a mistake let's hope it's one in favour of Crisis! I've have seen people saying - quite fairly -that when the choice was offered, neither the amount or the charity was made clear, so had they known it was only 90p they may well have opted for charity too. A second referendum maybe? ;-)

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
on: 19/12/2018 | 15:42

@crispyw67 wrote:

I didn't post anything with venom - and haven't seen any posts saying they're looking into it - but 3 friends on giffgaff have all had the same thing, so if it is a mistake let's hope it's one in favour of Crisis! 

I didn't say you had used venom, others have :/

There was an update on another thread, copy/pasted below ☺ 

"Hey folks, that investigation is complete now and we've figured out what happened.

If you have multiple accounts on the same email address that were affected, we sent a different email that wrapped all of the choices into a single message for all the accounts. We did that to avoid bombarding people with multiple emails just because they happen to manage their family's phones, or have a phone and a tablet SIM, etc.

There was a mistake that meant that everyone in that group of emails got a message saying that they'd chosen credit. It's a mistake in the email, and not our recording of the choice, so everyone who chose charity will have their payment correctly made to Crisis. Anyone who chose charity that we sent the wrong email to will get a follow-up one explaining what happened, but don't worry - all the money from the fund will go where members chose.

Sorry folks!"

Message 8 of 8