Community

Data Dongle

Started by: 1sallymay
On: 17/02/2019 | 14:14
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: 1sallymay
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:14

Back in 2013 I was using Giffgaff for a dongle.

I am now in the position of needing to use the dongle again but notice the old gigabags do not seem available now.

This dongle would be used for internet access only, no phone or text  on my old tablet so does anyone have an idea of which goody bag I should get to brouse the net for about an hour a day please.

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: figment_uk
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:37

@1sallymay

The gigabags have all been withdrawn as the goodybag data allowances were the same.   You can use any goodybag in any unlocked / O2 locked device.

It's almost impossible to accurately advise which goodybag is best for you, but you don't have to buy the same one each time, and you can buy a new one if you run out of data before the goodybag expires, so I suggest starting with the £10 goodybag and see how you get on. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 3 of 5
by: nigelbrooks
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:36

@1sallymay

Any goodybag can now be used with a dongle.

As to the size...mmmm...depends on what you are surfing and the amount of images, data etc. you download or view.

I would work on around 4-500 MB per hour.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 2 of 5
by: figment_uk
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:37

@1sallymay

The gigabags have all been withdrawn as the goodybag data allowances were the same.   You can use any goodybag in any unlocked / O2 locked device.

It's almost impossible to accurately advise which goodybag is best for you, but you don't have to buy the same one each time, and you can buy a new one if you run out of data before the goodybag expires, so I suggest starting with the £10 goodybag and see how you get on. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 3 of 5
by: _buz_
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:42 edited: 17/02/2019 | 14:44

Hello @1sallymay

What sort of monthly data usage will you be needing? 10GB? 20GB? Unlimited?

Giffgaff offer 20GB for £20 and I'm pretty sure you can use the SIM card in a dongle device as long you know how to set it up and use it. However there are other networks such as Smarty that offer mostly unlimited data for less than £30 a month that doesn't require a contract. I'd probably look here on this website to see what's best for you and your needs:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/ 

Message 4 of 5
by: deanwilliam39
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:49
Just pick the one for your needs, I usually get the 15 one, even if you get the unlimited 20 it is slowed down after you use the 20 and then if you're using to much data you will be stopped from purchasing another unlimited.
Message 5 of 5