Knowledge Base
Community

Data problem

Started by: wolverine23
On: 16/02/2019 | 22:37
Replies: 7

by: wolverine23
on: 16/02/2019 | 22:37

What is this? £25 goody bag Internet is no good. 

Message 1 of 8
by: flaxvert
on: 16/02/2019 | 22:39

What issue are you having with the data please?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://www.giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.png" width="550" height="80" alt="Get a free giffgaff Sim" >
Message 2 of 8
on: 16/02/2019 | 22:48
Hi. You've now used all of your full speed data allowance of your Always On goodybag, and you will now be getting slower data speeds during the day. To get back to full speed data, you can either buy another goodybag or wait for yours to expire on 08/03/2019. For more info: giff.ly/AOinfo I had slow speed for the last 24hrs n these is off £25 goody bag.
Message 3 of 8
by: rubixcubix
on: 16/02/2019 | 23:10

@wolverine23 wrote:

What is this? £25 goody bag Internet is no good. 

Guide to the £25 Always On goodybag

Our Always On* goodybag is designed to give you peace of mind that you'll always be connected and have access to data at all times.

With our £25 "Always On" goodybag, members will experience:

• 20GB of UK data usage per month at full 4G speed with tethering allowed.
  • Once the 20GB of data has been used up members will experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8 am to midnight.
  • From midnight to 7.59 am members will have a data allowance at full 4G speed.

* Traffic Flow applies to the £25 "Always On" goodybag.

• Speed restrictions apply to our Always On data after 20GB of data usage.
  • A 4G ready phone and coverage required to access 4G data speeds.
  • giffgaff doesn't offer any unlimited mobile data plans. A pure 'unlimited data' package doesn't restrict your data speed at any point. Our Always On goodybag is designed to give members peace of mind that they'll be connected.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Using-your-mobile-abroad/ta-p/3522931

@wolverine23

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
on: 17/02/2019 | 13:42

On the goody bag it says unlimited Internet tho, no worries I'll just have to go on another network which gives me unlimited Internet not one that tells me it's unlimited when it's actually limited, so basically I'm paying for 20gb for £25 what a rip off. What use is Internet after 12am when I should be sleeping. These is a joke!!! 

Message 5 of 8
by: mrbergstrom1967
on: 17/02/2019 | 13:49
Good Afternoon @wolverine23

The £25 always on data goodybag is NOT unlimited data and its not advertised as unlimited either.
Message 6 of 8
by: _buz_
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:00 edited: 17/02/2019 | 14:04

Hello @wolverine23

The reason why you may be experiencing problems is because you've hit the capped limit for the month of your goodybag, each and every Giffgaff user who are using the £25 goodybag gets 20GB to use for a month and after that 20GB is used up they will still have access to data during the day but at a slowed down speed (however from midnight until mid morning (8am I think) the data will speed back up again, but you may not be using your mobile internet at this time). Just a simple heads up, if you do actually want truly unlimited data Smarty have it right here: https://smarty.co.uk/plans/unlimited

But I myself - I'm a loyal Giffgaff user and I'm pretty sure Giffgaff will do something to compete and match up with Smarty and what they're offering. It's your choice though, but personally I've always been a major fan of Giffgaff and I don't think I will ever jump ship and go to another network because the support and perks I get with Giffgaff are better than any other network I've previously been a part of - as the saying goes - "the grass isn't always greener and fresher on the opposite/other side". Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
on: 09/03/2019 | 13:08

Hi, after my complaint last month my Internet improved which made me stick with giff gaff but after topping up these month my Internet went slow again. Now I'm regretting for sticking with giff gaff. I swear this is sad. How is my Internet slow even tho I just topped up n haven't used my 20gb yet? 

Message 8 of 8