Community

Data usage

Started by: deemitch
On: 24/10/2018 | 17:48
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: deemitch
on: 24/10/2018 | 17:48

I think it's completely unfair how your always on goody bag was increased by £5 without letting anybody know before hand so I pay the extreme and then am told because I use to much data I might not be able to have this goody bag anymore bit of a cheek 

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: giffgaff20147
on: 24/10/2018 | 19:05

@deemitch

Hello @deemitch

@the goodybag was increased to £25 on July 11th , it was also increased from 9 gb at full speed to 20 gb so a £5 increase was fair for an extra 11gb 

the terms and conditions are same as the old Always on its subject to traffic flow use to much and you get warned ,

Our Always On goodybag is designed to give you peace of mind that you’ll always be connected and have access to data all the time.
With Always On* you get 20GB of data usage per month at full 4G speed. After 20GB of data used you'll experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8am to Midnight. You may notice that activities which require high amounts of data, like HD video streaming, will be slower. From midnight to 7.59 am you’ll have a data allowance at full speed.

Roaming in the EU and selected destinations with Always On means that after you’ve used the full 20GB of data, you’ll be charged 0.6p/MB while roaming.
Stay connected with your friends and family with our Always On goodybag data. Never worry about running out of your allowance again.
*Speed restrictions apply to our Always On data. After 20GB of data used you'll experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8am to Midnight. You may notice that activities which require high amounts of data, like HD video streaming, will be slower. Traffic Flow and Fair Usage while roaming applies. A 4G ready phone and coverage required to access 4G data speed. Members will have up to 20GB of data to use while roaming in the EU and selected destinations.

Message 3 of 3
by: brighthulk
on: 24/10/2018 | 17:51
@deemitch
I was notified in June regarding to the goodybag changes and i am sure other members will have received the same email.

The £20 goodybag now comes with a flat data allowance of 20GB(1GB extra boost data) and the always on goodybag gives you 20GB of UK data at full 4G speeds and once you used up the 20GB then you will continue to get data allowance at a reduced speed (384KB) from 8am to midnight. From midnight to 7.59am you have an data allowance at full speed.

Check out this https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Say-hello-to-more-data-on-our-5-amp-7-50-goodybags-a... Announcement link for more details on these changes.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 3
by: giffgaff20147
on: 24/10/2018 | 19:05

@deemitch

Hello @deemitch

@the goodybag was increased to £25 on July 11th , it was also increased from 9 gb at full speed to 20 gb so a £5 increase was fair for an extra 11gb 

the terms and conditions are same as the old Always on its subject to traffic flow use to much and you get warned ,

Our Always On goodybag is designed to give you peace of mind that you’ll always be connected and have access to data all the time.
With Always On* you get 20GB of data usage per month at full 4G speed. After 20GB of data used you'll experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8am to Midnight. You may notice that activities which require high amounts of data, like HD video streaming, will be slower. From midnight to 7.59 am you’ll have a data allowance at full speed.

Roaming in the EU and selected destinations with Always On means that after you’ve used the full 20GB of data, you’ll be charged 0.6p/MB while roaming.
Stay connected with your friends and family with our Always On goodybag data. Never worry about running out of your allowance again.
*Speed restrictions apply to our Always On data. After 20GB of data used you'll experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8am to Midnight. You may notice that activities which require high amounts of data, like HD video streaming, will be slower. Traffic Flow and Fair Usage while roaming applies. A 4G ready phone and coverage required to access 4G data speed. Members will have up to 20GB of data to use while roaming in the EU and selected destinations.

Message 3 of 3