Community

Data

Started by: balro27
On: 17/02/2019 | 14:36
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: balro27
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:36

Can I just buy a data bundle n not a goody bag I only bought one yesterday n need more data

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: figment_uk
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:42

@balro27

You cannot add extra data to a goodybag.  When you run out of data, you have three options: 

1. Use airtime credit at 2p per megabyte (£ 20.48/GB) until your goodybag renews (note: If you have credit on your account this will kick in automatically when you run out of data in your goodybag - different rates apply when you are abroad);
  2. Start a new goodybag early - this will replace your existing goodybag, wiping out the remaining allowances from the one you're replacing, and is a cheaper option if you anticipate using more than 250MB of data outside your allowance. You can start early when your active goodybag has under 100MB of data remaining. You might also consider changing up to a larger goodybag;
  3. Stop using mobile data until your goodybag renews
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 6
by: nigelbrooks
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:38

@balro27

Sadly not, it's 'all or nothing' you cannot top up one element of a goodybag.

You can start a new goodybag early once your data balance falls below 100MB but this wipes the balances on the old goodybag.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 2 of 6
by: he22ie
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:41

Giffgaff is essentially a mobile phone network and therefore does not do data only plans. If you wish to go in that direction you could look at 3. You could however use your handset as a hotspot and run your computer through it. That way, you get the best of both worlds. 

Message 3 of 6
by: figment_uk
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:42

@balro27

You cannot add extra data to a goodybag.  When you run out of data, you have three options: 

1. Use airtime credit at 2p per megabyte (£ 20.48/GB) until your goodybag renews (note: If you have credit on your account this will kick in automatically when you run out of data in your goodybag - different rates apply when you are abroad);
  2. Start a new goodybag early - this will replace your existing goodybag, wiping out the remaining allowances from the one you're replacing, and is a cheaper option if you anticipate using more than 250MB of data outside your allowance. You can start early when your active goodybag has under 100MB of data remaining. You might also consider changing up to a larger goodybag;
  3. Stop using mobile data until your goodybag renews
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
by: bilal86440
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:48
@balro27
Sorry giffgaff have discontinued data only bundles and data cannot be added to your live goodybag bundle. However, you have the option to add airtime credit or start a new goodybag early.

If you add airtime credit (£10 minimum) here http://www.giffgaff.com/top-up for data use you will be charged 2p a MB for the remainder of the goodybag. (Until it expires) giffaff. once your goodybag expires, standard rates will apply.

Or you can start a goodybag early. To start a new goodybag early you will need to have 100 texts, 100 minutes or 100MB left on your current live bundle.

Follow the steps below -

Please also note you might need to turn your device off and on again to allow the new early bundle to kick in.

1. Log in and go to My giffgaff here http://giffgaff.com/dashboard
2. If you have 100 texts, 100 minutes or 100MB left in your goodybag, a message will appear under "My goodybags"
3. If you are recurring your goodybag, you can decide to recur your next goodybag right now,
4. If you have a queued goodybag, you can decide to start your queued goodybag right now,
5. If you have no recurring or queued goodybag, you can select a new goodybag to start right now.
6. When you purchase a goodybag early, it erases your current goodybag and you will lose any remaining allowance, so we ask you to confirm you are really sure you want to start a new goodybag right now.
7. When you select a new goodybag or recur your goodybag early, the payment for the new goodybag is taken at this point, and a payment confirmation page is displayed.
8. Your new goodybag is active and is visible in http://giffgaff.com/dashboard
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 6
by: jt_21
on: 17/02/2019 | 15:09

@balro27 wrote:

Can I just buy a data bundle n not a goody bag I only bought one yesterday n need more data

@balro27 Unfortunately there is no add on data bundles to existing goodybags, you can pay 2p per mb until goodybag expiry OR start a complete new goodybag (usually the better value option as you would get more megabytes for your money 💰) the two options are explained here

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/I-don-t-have-any-data-or-minutes-left-what-can-I-do...

Message 6 of 6