09-11-2013 16:14 - edited 09-11-2013 16:15
I mean does the sim need to be used every 6 months, to get the GG points added on as credit?
Is this what you meant?
Qualification for payback
To qualify for payback you must:
- Have an active giffgaff SIM (includes SIMs which have been reported lost or stolen)
- Have a positive payback points balance
- Have used your giffgaff SIM within the 3 months leading up to midnight 31 May or 30 November i.e you must have made a call, sent a text or used data.
- Not be in breach of any of our standard Terms and Conditions.
Payback is not payable if
You will not receive payback if:
- You haven't used your phone within the last 3 months (i.e. haven't made a call/ sent a text/ used mobile internet).
- Your service has been ceased.
- You have a pending PAC (port out).
- Your service has been barred for non use.
- You have been banned from the community / all giffgaff services.
- There is a chargeback pending on a payment to giffgaff.
on 16-11-2013 13:09
If a sim has not been used for a while does it get de-activated?
SIM Cards that have never been activated never expire, although after about 9 months the activation process witll take a little longer to conplete.
SIM cards that have been activated with expire of not used for 6 months. To keep your SIM active, all you have to do is one or more of the following once every 6 months:
- Make a least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (for technical reasons, emergency calls (i.e. 999/112) and SMSes/calls to giffgaff services (i.e. 2020, 43430) do not apply)
- Make at least one connection to the internet
- Receive at least 4 calls of more than 10 seconds
- Make a least one topup/purchase (credit or goodybag)
- Receive Payback points (for recruiting new members or participating in the community)