Get Help
Community

Does GiffGaff allow iPhone hotspot tethering?

Started by: puhala
On: 15/03/2012 | 02:40
Replies: 16
Reply

by: puhala
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:40
I want to use the mobile hotspot feature on the iPhone. Not sure if GiffGaff allows this.
Message 1 of 17 (5,436 Views)
Posted from Facebook
by: bertiebat
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:41
Not apparently you can't even use it (doesn't work) but it would have to be with a gigabag only if it did.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 17 (5,414 Views)
by: bonusball
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:42
No sorry it's not supported unless you are jailbroken then you need a gigabag

Message 3 of 17 (5,411 Views)
by: kwleung0616
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:42
No the iPhone tethering isn't supported on giffgaff.
Message 4 of 17 (5,409 Views)
by: bertiebat
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:44
There is another post confirming the fact that this isn't normally supported here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Personal-hotspot-in-iPhone-4/m-p/3...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 17 (5,404 Views)
by: mo2011
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:45 edited: 15/03/2012 | 03:11

teethering is not allowed on GG unfortunately. - when using a goodybag.
you could do it if your phone was jailbroken only using a gigbag or PAYG

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 17 (5,402 Views)
by: oldyorkie
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:50 edited: 15/03/2012 | 03:15

@puhala .. if you have an iphone that has undergone "Jailbreak", then with a GIGABAG, or PAYG then yes you can tether.

However...if you have a GOODYBAG then tethering is not allowed..

 

 

 

 

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 17 (5,397 Views)
by: mgb2
on: 15/03/2012 | 02:52

mo2011 wrote:
teethering is not allowed on GG unfortunately.
you could do it if your phone was jailbroken though... just dont use a high amount otherwise GG would find out.

you are allowed to tether on PAYG or gigabags

it's only forbidden with a goodybag

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt
Message 8 of 17 (5,395 Views)
by: mo2011
on: 15/03/2012 | 03:01

mgb2 wrote:

mo2011 wrote:
teethering is not allowed on GG unfortunately.
you could do it if your phone was jailbroken though... just dont use a high amount otherwise GG would find out.

you are allowed to tether on PAYG or gigabags

it's only forbidden with a goodybag


Hey

 

Its funny you say that , i thought that just as i clicked post. lol nice one !!!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 17 (5,382 Views)
by: mo2011
on: 15/03/2012 | 03:04 edited: 15/03/2012 | 03:29

oldyorkie wrote:

mo2011 wrote:
teethering is not allowed on GG unfortunately.
you could do it if your phone was jailbroken though... just dont use a high amount otherwise GG would find out.

@puhala .. if you have an iphone that has undergone "Jailbreak", then with a GIGABAG, or PAYG then yes you can tether.

However...if you have a GOODYBAG then tethering is not allowed..


 Nothing wrong with my advice, i never said teether via a goodybag which is were it is not allowed. i also forgot to put on about the gigabag and PAYG rates. which i have said also in another post.

 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 17 (5,377 Views)