Community

Does credit REALLY last 180 days?

Started by: aqua_ub
On: 14/03/2019 | 16:34
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
by: ukadi
on: 14/03/2019 | 17:19
You can't transfer credit between SIMs unfortunately.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 15
by: figment_uk
on: 14/03/2019 | 17:26

@aqua_ub 

@aqua_ub wrote:

>>> The option to add airtime credit is hidden at the bottom of the list of goodybags.<<<

Thanks, but GRRR. Why hide it?

I shall try cancelling and reactivating but this is a PITA as I have already budgeted for £5 per SIM. (This is for work purposes.)

In the case of multiple SIM cards can I transfer some credit to other SIMs and if so what is the minimum transfer amount - still £10 units,. or is it lower?

The airtime credit is hidden because giffgaff want you to buy monthly goodybags.   It's here:

2019-03-14_17-23-39.png

Each SIM card has to be registered on a separate account.   

The minimum airtime credit topup amount is £10.

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. 

If you cancel and reactivate you will need another SIM, a different account and will be allocated a different number.   Use the method I gave above (add credit first, then request refund of goodybag)

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 12 of 15
by: aqua_ub
on: 15/03/2019 | 09:59
Actually the agent took my goodybag off and credited the account with the £5, leaving the account active, which is even better because I can run with the lower balance as it will be very lightly used.
Message 13 of 15
by: rqt
on: 15/03/2019 | 10:06

@aqua_ub 

You might want to read giffgaff's Terms & Conditions (which you agree to when activating a SIM) - there is a link at the bottom of every web page just above the awards. Section 3.5 would appear to be relevant.

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
by: aqua_ub
on: 15/03/2019 | 11:09 edited: 15/03/2019 | 11:15

LOL if I had a pound for every "Terms and Conditions" clause I had to read before doing anything on t'internet I would be very rich indeed. IANAL but to read this stuff you really ought to be....

Message 15 of 15