Dual sim

Started by: drinki14
On: 11/01/2019 | 19:37
Replies: 3

Go to best answer
by: drinki14
on: 11/01/2019 | 19:37

Hi, 

I have a problem with my dual sim phone. 

I have one giffgaff sim and one Vodafone sim.

But when I am making a call with the Vodafone sim the giffgaff sim stops working and if someone tries to call me it doesn't work. 

What can I do? I need to be reachable on both the telephone numbers. 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 4
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: nick74
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:42

@drinki14

This is perfectly normal on most dual SIM phones. When one SIM is connected to a call it will disable the other SIM for the duration of the call. This is known as 'dual standby'. 

There is an alternative type of dual sim phone known as 'dual active' which contains two sets of hardware running side by side, and allows calls to be received on both SIMs simultaneously. Unfortunately dual active phones are pretty rare. 

Message 3 of 4
by: bilal86440
on: 11/01/2019 | 19:50
@drinki14
I suggest you try switching SIMs between the SIM slots to see if that helps.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: nick74
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:42

@drinki14

This is perfectly normal on most dual SIM phones. When one SIM is connected to a call it will disable the other SIM for the duration of the call. This is known as 'dual standby'. 

There is an alternative type of dual sim phone known as 'dual active' which contains two sets of hardware running side by side, and allows calls to be received on both SIMs simultaneously. Unfortunately dual active phones are pretty rare. 

Message 3 of 4
by: sheppola
on: 11/01/2019 | 21:05

@drinki14

@drinki14 wrote:

Hi, 

I have a problem with my dual sim phone. 

I have one giffgaff sim and one Vodafone sim.

But when I am making a call with the Vodafone sim the giffgaff sim stops working and if someone tries to call me it doesn't work. 

What can I do? I need to be reachable on both the telephone numbers. 

Thank you 

Standard dual Sim phones do not allow the connection of both Sims at the same time.You will be better off with two phones.

HTH Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 4 of 4