Community

E Mail for Non Use of Sim

Started by: kate1028
On: 30/03/2018 | 16:36
Replies: 12

Go to best answer
by: kate1028
on: 30/03/2018 | 16:36 edited: 30/03/2018 | 16:39

(Please move this post if you think it should be elsewhere)

I’ve just received an e mail about the above, headed - Where have you gone ? - and saying I haven’t used my Sim for calls or texts in the last month, or at least 15+ days.   This is nonsense - sure I’m a very light user and my use is erratic, but I text a fair bit, sent a double length text to a friend wishing them a Happy Easter, just yesterday, and phoned my son in Hungary earlier this month.  Are these e mails automated, and don’t calls abroad count ?

I did reply to the email, to the ‘reply to’ address, but no idea if it will get there.   I also did the brief survey, but didn’t complete the part which asks for a reason why I hadn’t used the Sim, because it didn’t apply !   Is this another Giffgaff glitch, or should I be worried ? 

Message 1 of 13
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: isabel1066
on: 31/03/2018 | 12:46
@kate1028 I made a call then the following day email where have you gone also did the survey cant understand why giffgaff sends out these emails out when it says in the terms conditions none use one call a text some internet in 6 months or we cut you off.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 13
by: nominate
on: 30/03/2018 | 16:41

kate1028 wrote:

(Please move this post if you think it should be elsewhere)

I’ve just received an e mail about the above, headed - Where have you gone ? - and saying I haven’t used my Sim in the last month, or at least 15+ days.   This is nonsense - sure I’m a very light user and my use is erratic, but I text a fair bit, sent a double length text to a friend wishing them a Happy Easter, just yesterday, and phoned my son in Hungary earlier this month.  Are these e mails automated, and don’t calls abroad count ?

I did reply to the email, to the ‘reply to’ address, but no idea if it will get there.   I also did the brief survey, but didn’t complete the part which asks for a reason why I hadn’t used the Sim, because it didn’t apply !   Is this another Giffgaff glitch, or should I be worried ? 

It might be just another glitch or

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/sim-has-been-removed-from-network/td-p/21678782

Message 2 of 13
by: allan1954
on: 30/03/2018 | 16:42
@kate1028 I have had them but for 30 days did the short survey then no more for a good amount of time.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 13
by: persco
on: 30/03/2018 | 16:48

Could be a glitch email. Also it happened to me that I activated a sim for my mate in the army a while back and he went on tour and wanted me to manage his account to keep sim active. Forgot I had used the same email address for my current sim and got such an email as well so doublecheck yours. 

In my case, it turned out to me a useful reminder to keep that sim active! 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 13
by: figment_uk
on: 30/03/2018 | 19:31

@kate1028

Was the email sent to the account you are using, or might it have been to an old/unused account?   Check the details shown on the right-hand side at the top of the message.  

Join giffgaff during May 2019 for a chance to win goodies worth around £2500. Order a SIM now using the link below

Message 5 of 13
on: 30/03/2018 | 20:35

Thank you all for your input - it’s appreciated.   It’s definitely the right account @figment_uk - I did check, but I’ve only ever had one.

I’m aware of the six month rule, but this e mail was a real surprise considering I sent a text 24 hours before and have been sending them regularly since Christmas - and made the occasional call, including international calls and texts.   If I hadn’t used the phone for a few months, I’d probably appreciate a reminder, but this was not the case, so I’ll hope it’s just a mistake.

Message 6 of 13
by: figment_uk
on: 30/03/2018 | 20:38

@kate1028

kate1028 wrote:

Thank you all for your input - it’s appreciated.   It’s definitely the right account @figment_uk - I did check, but I’ve only ever had one.

I’m aware of the six month rule, but this e mail was a real surprise considering I sent a text 24 hours before and have been sending them regularly since Christmas - and made the occasional call, including international calls and texts.   If I hadn’t used the phone for a few months, I’d probably appreciate a reminder, but this was not the case, so I’ll hope it’s just a mistake.

@kate1028

As long as the SIM is working OK, you have nothing to be concerned about. 

Join giffgaff during May 2019 for a chance to win goodies worth around £2500. Order a SIM now using the link below

Message 7 of 13
by: joolzian
on: 31/03/2018 | 12:39

I received the same email yesterday. Like someone else said, I too have previously had the 30 day non use but 15 days is new to me. I don't really like these emails as the answer to "where have you been" is non of your business.

Message 8 of 13
by: isabel1066
on: 31/03/2018 | 12:46
@kate1028 I made a call then the following day email where have you gone also did the survey cant understand why giffgaff sends out these emails out when it says in the terms conditions none use one call a text some internet in 6 months or we cut you off.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 13
on: 31/03/2018 | 12:55 edited: 31/03/2018 | 12:59

Thank you @ isabel1066 - good to know it's happened to others in similar circumstances !

And @joolzian !

Message 10 of 13