Community

EE

Started by: barbaraduggan
On: 09/12/2018 | 23:53
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: barbaraduggan
on: 09/12/2018 | 23:53

I hate giffgaff on the back of EE I can’t do any roaming at all when on EE hope they take it off real soon or I won’t be buying any more goody bags Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
on: 11/12/2018 | 23:08

And we have a solution I owe giffgaff an Apoligy with just seeing the E and having trouble with 02 I just assumed we went in the back of EE I have reset my network settings and all iOS well thank goodness’s for that Smiley Wink thank you those that contacted me , happy lady Smiley Wink 

Message 7 of 8
by: bobrobinson
on: 10/12/2018 | 03:33

Hiya @barbaraduggan

Can you please give us some more imfo as giffgaff doesnt piggyback EE they piggyback 02

All the best BobSmiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
by: clikasarus
on: 10/12/2018 | 05:47
Hi @barbaraduggan
giffgaff runs on 02 and Iam sorry if you can’t roam

have you seen this guide it may help ⬇️

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Key-info-for-roaming-in-the-EU-and-selected-destina...

I hope it’s helpful to you 👍🏻
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
on: 11/12/2018 | 22:26

When I use Giffgaff roaming I get an symbol and takes ten minutes to get just face book up ,I was stuck in the middle of Heywood yesterday could not even load the sat nav I am looking for a new SIM deal and it's a shame because I have been very happy until now but my phone his useless like this I hope you can treasure me it's a blip 

Message 4 of 8
on: 11/12/2018 | 22:37
Sorry I'm having to amend my last me to say I get an E symbol were my net work sign is
Message 5 of 8
by: eddiehk6
on: 11/12/2018 | 23:01
hi @barbaraduggan

Yes the 'E' symbol is different from EE which you mentioned in your subject and first post.

'Roaming' applies when you are using your SIM outside of the UK. Which country were you roaming in?

- Can you verify if other local O2 / giffgaff users around you get slow mobile data?

- Check your phone is still correctly configured for mobile data: http://giff.ly/gg_settings

- Ensure that 3G / 4G or LTE is enabled in your phone's "Network mode"

- Test your SIM in another correctly configured unlocked phone

Please remember to select a ___| Best Answer +★|___and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos! Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
on: 11/12/2018 | 23:08

And we have a solution I owe giffgaff an Apoligy with just seeing the E and having trouble with 02 I just assumed we went in the back of EE I have reset my network settings and all iOS well thank goodness’s for that Smiley Wink thank you those that contacted me , happy lady Smiley Wink 

Message 7 of 8
by: flaxvert
on: 11/12/2018 | 23:09 edited: 11/12/2018 | 23:11

E is short for Edge, the speed is only slightly faster than the old 56k dial up modems. 

Not all of the UK has access to super fast 4G speeds and often villages and remote locations get poorer speeds, this will only improve when O2 install better masts that have a faster bandwidth. 

First, try rebooting your phone. If you still have issues then check if there is network maintenance going on by going  HERE

Please check what coverage giffgaff (O2) have here HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://www.giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.png" width="550" height="80" alt="Get a free giffgaff Sim" >
Message 8 of 8