Knowledge Base
Community

Extended stay in italy

Started by: robertosecondo
On: 13/06/2019 | 06:26
Replies: 3

by: robertosecondo
on: 13/06/2019 | 06:26

I shall be in italy next september and october.  Am i likely to encounter any problems with gff gaff ?

Message 1 of 4
by: persco
on: 13/06/2019 | 06:31

@robertosecondowrote:

I shall be in italy next september and october.  Am i likely to encounter any problems with gff gaff ?

Hi @robertosecondo Not really but remember you must keep your sim active by doing one of below within a 6 month period;

· a) make at least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (not including calls to emergency services )
· b) make at least one connection to the Internet
· c) make at least one airtime credit or goodybag purchase

These criteria are defined to prevent the deactivation of members with very little activity or who are active on the Community without using their SIM card much.

Also, if you are on a goodybag and Roaming Like At Home, that roaming is limited to a maximum of 63 days in a rolling 4 month period, and your use/time in the UK must be greater than your use/time roaming within the EU/EEA. There are charges after that. 

Otherwise you ok about your number and sim continued service. 
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: muddycalhoun
on: 13/06/2019 | 07:12
@robertosecondo Hi Roberto, With the free EU roaming rules you can get sixty three days of free roaming in the EU in any four month period so you shouldn't be too far away if you are going in September even if you have used up all your quota up until now.
You might want to check your APN settings if you have any problems with your data when roaming
https://www.giffgaffeuropa/en/apn
Also check your roaming settings of enabled.
Then you should be problem free (notwithstanding any deviltry the likes of Johnson, Mogg Farage and their ilk may bring to spoil the harmony)
Message 3 of 4
by: p33t3r
on: 13/06/2019 | 07:17

As long as you have roaming switched on in your dashboard you should have just enough days of use on the Italian networks, which are as follows 

H3G 3G 2100 Live

Wind Telecomunicazioni SpA 3G 2100 Live

Wind Telecomunicazioni SpA GSM 900/1800 Live

Telecom Italia SpA (TIM) GSM 900/1800 Live

Telecom Italia SpA (TIM) 3G 2100 Live

Vodafone Omnitel N.V. (Vodafone) 3G 2100 Live

Vodafone Omnitel N.V. (vodafone) GSM 900/1800 Live

Reboot the phone and it should pick up the most appropriate network or you can manually try others. Then goto settings /mobile networks /advanced and allow data over the mobile networks 

Message 4 of 4