Community

Extra data

Started by: rizlay2k
On: 05/04/2018 | 13:39
Replies: 24

Go to best answer
by: rizlay2k
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:39

Hey community just wondering about my data and looking on info on how I get the extra 1gb. I received a text which said the following..

You're working your way through your data allowance. Fret not, we've got an extra 1 GB waiting for you just in case you need it.

My question is when do I get it as I only have 100mb left and still got 26 days on my goody bag as I can't afford to top up again for a while

Message 1 of 25
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sloz
on: 05/04/2018 | 14:44
@rizlay2k
Thanks for that, it appears giffgaff are indeed applying the 1gb extra for Manual purchases
But the 1gb extra icon will only be shown after you're low in data
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 21 of 25
by: dbcooper_
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:42

Any recurring goodybags starting from tomorrow (29th March), will automatically come with the extra 1GB included (providing you’ve bought at least 2 goodybags in the past). You don’t need to change your settings or update anything, we’ll just add it on for you.

The team are working hard to get this ready for non-recurring goodybags too and are aiming for this to be available by the end of April. If you simply can’t wait, then from tomorrow (29th March) onwards, turning on recurring for your next goodybag will do the trick.

Hope this helps @rizlay2k

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 25
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:46
@rizlay2k
Hi, it'll kick in once you've used the 100mb
, switch your phone off and on once you receive the text from giffgaff advising you that you've used all your data.

Is it that you can't see the 1gb on your account?
You won't see the extra 1gb icon on the my giffgaff app

If you log in here
Http://giffgaff.com/dashboard
You should see the extra 1gb icon
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 25
by: ghasimr
Hello

Not sure here, are you on a goodybag which will increase to 1gb next time you buy a goodybag?

Sorry not sure you might want to speak to an agent.

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask

If you don't get any more feed back, try click on the above link and ask an agent.

Sorry hope this help

Message 4 of 25
by: giffgaff20147

@rizlay2k

Helo you only get extra data if you get your goodybag with reacure goodybag on 

if you buy them manually as you need them you don’t get it , 

you have to buy 2 goodybags and on third goodybag you get extra credit 

you only get it on goodybags with a value of £10 or over ,

the extra data should show at side of goodybag if you qualify 

Message 5 of 25
by: madscouser69
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:47
The extra 1 GB of data will come with the 3rd goodybag you purchase and onwards. It’s a little thank you for sticking around.

You don’t need to turn anything on or switch any settings, we’ll automatically add it to any eligible goodybag you buy.

Which goodybags get boosted?
The extra data comes with the £10, £12, £15 and £18 goodybags. For getting to your 3rd goodybag, it doesn’t matter what the first 2 goodybags you buy are.

rizlay2k
gg_256_zpsdigisawd.gif
Message 6 of 25
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:47
Thank you for your response however I don't have my goody bags set to recurring. When I tried this they want me to add a payment option for this to happen. So do I lose the 1gb or because I received the text do I still get it at some point. I only too up using a voucher.
Message 7 of 25
by: mcilwraith
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:49

if you have a recurring goodybag then the 1gb should already be there

perhaps you have used that already

Message 8 of 25
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:51
@rizlay2k
As others have said, if you buy a goodybag manually, Unfortunatey you won't receive the extra 1gb at the moment

Giffgaff will be introducing the extra 1gb for Manual purchases within a month,

Don't you have a debit card or PayPal account?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 25
on: 05/04/2018 | 13:52
Thank you that was perfect. The app doesn't show it at all.
Message 10 of 25