Replies: 3

by: kvoye1
on: 28/01/2019 | 20:36

I have lost my phone can i get that same number back

Message 1 of 4
by: figment_uk
on: 28/01/2019 | 20:37

@kvoye1

The following options will all get your number onto a new SIM. Use the one that fits your circumstances:

1. I want to block my SIM and my phone
    » Report your phone and SIM lost (link)

Click to reveal
    • The missing SIM will be barred immediately and your account will be suspended. A replacement SIM will be sent out. 
      Activate the replacement SIM when it arrives to get your number / account working again.  No other SIM will work
    • The missing phone will be barred immediately
      If you recover the phone you have to ask an agent to remove the IMEI bar - this will take up to 5 working days.
  2. I only want to block my SIM, and:
    (a) I do not have a spare SIM
    » Report your SIM lost (link)
    Click to reveal
    • The missing SIM will be barred immediately and your account will be suspended.  A replacement SIM will be sent out. 
      Activate the replacement SIM when it arrives to get your number / account working again.  No other SIM will work
    • The phone will not be barred
    (b) I have a spare SIM that has never been activated (or I will buy one locally)
    » Do a SIM swap (link)
    Click to reveal
    • The missing SIM will be barred immediately. Your number will transfer to the spare SIM within a few hours.
    • The phone will not be barred
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 4
by: gizmo420
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:04
@kvoye1

Hi You can report your sim card as Lost-Stolen where GG will cancel and disable the old sim card so no one can use it. GG will send you a replacement sim card with your account details on the new sim, your same phone number, balance air time/goodybag will already be on the new sim, you can all so block your phone here if you wish, This will block your phone from being used on any network in the UK if that was lost to

http://giffgaff.com/support/lost

The new sim will take around 1-5 days to arrive in the post
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
by: rebelyell
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:06
Yes. Report your SIM lost and giffgaff will send you a new one with the same number and account details.

You can report it here: https://giffgaff.com/support/lost
Message 4 of 4