Community

Giffgaff 20£ unlimited internet

Started by: iksude
On: 15/07/2018 | 20:52
Replies: 5

by: iksude
on: 15/07/2018 | 20:52

Hello,

I just bought a 20£ giffgaff goody bag and I just want to have this 20GB internet data which slows after reaching the limit.

But now I see that 4 days ago they changed the price to 25£. I'm not from UK, I'm just staying here for 2 months and I would like to know exactly what I have to do to have this package on my phone. Do I have to order a SIM card? Explain it to me please.

Message 1 of 6
by: figment_uk
on: 15/07/2018 | 21:50

@iksude

As you correctly state, the goodybags changed a few days ago.

If you bought your £20 goodybag before 11 July, it has 9GB of data then slows down between 08:00 and 23:59 daily.

If you bought your £20 goodybag on or after 11 July, it has 20GB fixed data allowance.

If you want the one with 20GB then slowed down data, it will cost you £25.00 but you cannot change the goodybag you've already got, so you wil lhave to wait until your next goodybag starts.   Go here to select the one you want next  https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details#goodybagsettings

Important: If you do not change the selected goodybag before 19:30 on the night your current goodybag expires, it will renew as the £20/20GB fixed data. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 6
by: iksude
on: 15/07/2018 | 22:51

Ok I think I understand everything now.

So after I buy the 25£ goody bag I have to order the giffgaff SIM card? I can't use it on my old SIM card?

Message 3 of 6
by: teriparkin
on: 15/07/2018 | 23:33
This is a poor show. I definitely got notified the limit was going up to 20gb on the Always On data but not that there was a process rise.

Still a decent deal but very misleading.
Message 4 of 6
by: teriparkin
on: 15/07/2018 | 23:35
Price not process...
Message 5 of 6
by: figment_uk
on: 16/07/2018 | 07:11

@iksude

iksude wrote:

Ok I think I understand everything now.

So after I buy the 25£ goody bag I have to order the giffgaff SIM card? I can't use it on my old SIM card?

You do not need a new SIM, simply select the goodybag you want to use next and it will start as your current one expires.  You can change to a different goodybag every time you buy a new one, should you wish to. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 6 of 6