Knowledge Base
Community

Giffgaff's empty promise? Received text msg for being credited £5, but no credit shown on account

Started by: jazz1986
On: 10/11/2015 | 10:37
Replies: 6

by: jazz1986
on: 10/11/2015 | 10:37

I received the text msg telling me that I was credited £5 for a friend recommendation (she provided my number in the SIM activation process). This was 3 weeks ago. I still have not received this credit.

Is giffgaff making empty promises with their customer recommends customer marketing campaign?

Message 1 of 7
by: plightfoot
on: 10/11/2015 | 10:41
Hi, look on your dashboard to see if you got the 500 (£5) payback points. They are paid out in December
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: gody23041989
on: 10/11/2015 | 10:43
Hey there,

Don't worry, the £5 will show on payback and not under your airtime credit. When a friend joins giffgaff through you, they get £5 in their airtime for activating the SIM and you get 500 payback points.

This payback is updated on your account or or around the 5th of every month and is paid twice a year, June and December

Cheers!
Gody
Remember, marking a best answer helps others in the time of need as well Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: spikey282011
on: 10/11/2015 | 10:50

Hi This is the same query for me, But mine isnt even showing up in my points. Please investigate, I got an email stating I would get £10 in Payback points. 

Regards

Message 4 of 7
by: gody23041989
on: 10/11/2015 | 10:53
@spikey282011

Depends when the SIM was activated. If it's during the double payback bonanza, then you'll get £10 payback and this will update on or around on the 5th of every month.

Firstly ,you'll need to check the date the SIM was activated. If it was between the 1st and 5th November, then it'll show next month.

Cheers!
Gody
Remember, marking a best answer helps others in the time of need as well Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 7
by: spikey282011
on: 10/11/2015 | 11:05

It was the 2nd Ov November, But Deffinately got an email stating I will Receive £10 

"

Hi Phillip,

Your friend Damien has just joined giffgaff, you can now call and text them for free (as all giffgaff to giffgaff UK calls and texts are free when you top-up at least £10 in 3 months). Why not give them a welcoming call or just jabber away needlessly, it's free after all.

Thanks for helping to grow giffgaff. As your friend has joined during ourdouble Payback bonanza, we've double your Payback points earned to £10. These will appear in your Payback tally when they're updated next month on/ around the 5th.

You can select how you'd like your £10 Payback paid back at the end of November 2015.

As a bonus for joining through you, Damien will receive a bonus £5 credit which will appear on their account within 24 hours of them activating.

If you fancy getting your hands on a couple more giffgaff SIMs to give to your friends next time you see them, head to Spread the Word and we'll pop some in the post to you.

You can also pass on your Personalised order link (perfect for pasting into Facebook), so your friend can order their own SIM.

Cheers,

The giffgaff team

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: cherrycoke1983
on: 10/11/2015 | 11:06

You will get it as points till December you will have to have more than 10.00 to get it as cash or it'll be credited to your phone

Message 7 of 7