Knowledge Base
Community

Giffgaff to giffgaff free?

Started by: gemmahoussein
On: 30/04/2015 | 20:12
Replies: 19

by: gemmahoussein
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:12
Hi, I just activated my Sim and bought a £5 goodybag. I'm meant to have free giffgaff to giffgaff but its not free? My partner and brother are on giffgaff and i have text them both, but its costing me texts to message them. And I didn't get the free £5 you get for activating too. If I needed to top up with £10 rather than £5 ( I topped up using £5) would it be too late to add another £5 airtime credit along with my £5 goodybag I have now?
Message 1 of 20
by: muhammadalihussain
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:15
Hi, did you get the sim from a giffgaff member or order it direct? Extra £5 is only given if you activate a sim from a giffgaff number. I would contact an agent about the giffgaff to giffgaff charges. They should reimburse you if it is a network problem. Hope that helps. You can contact an agent here: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 20
by: mcilwraith
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:15

i`m afraid its too late to to get the £5

you should be getting the free gg to gg though.unless the txts are too large.

another thing is did you buy a goodybag and not a gigabag.

Message 3 of 20
Highlighted
by: klccklcc
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:16
you can add another 5 to make it 10, this will earn you the free calls
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 20
by: figment_uk
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:17

@gemmahoussein wrote:
Hi, I just activated my Sim and bought a £5 goodybag. I'm meant to have free giffgaff to giffgaff but its not free? My partner and brother are on giffgaff and i have text them both, but its costing me texts to message them. And I didn't get the free £5 you get for activating too. If I needed to top up with £10 rather than £5 ( I topped up using £5) would it be too late to add another £5 airtime credit along with my £5 goodybag I have now?

@gemmahoussein

If you were able to activate the SIM with a £5 goodybag, you were not using one of the MGM SIM cards that gives you £5 free credit (you cannot activate these with anything less than £10). It's too late to do anything about it, unless you cancel this SIM, number and account within the 14 day cooling off period and start again with the correct type of SIM

As for the free giffgaff calls/texts, what does your phone display show when you dial *100*1# ?

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 5 of 20
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:18
I rhought that too but i doublr checked and I bought a goodybag definatley, ive been in giffgaff before so I know how it all works with topping up etc but I don't know if k needed to top up with £10 the first time topping up I'm not sure why giffgaff to giffgaff isn't working. The texts are only telling them my new number so there not large messages ,
Message 6 of 20
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:19
(Sorry about the spelling, predictive text)
Message 7 of 20
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:22
I typed in the *100*1# and it says I have free giffgaff to giffgaff. I had 300 texts, I text my brother on giffgaff, and my partner who is also on giffgaff and now I have 298 texts
Message 8 of 20
by: dazoo
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:22

Hi gemmahoussein

Should have free giffgaff to giffgaff if activated sim with credit or a goodybag.As you did not activate your giffgaff sim with £10 or more credit or goodybag then wont get the bonus £5 credit and who ever gave the sim a member of giffgaff then they wont get 500 points to there payback on this sim activated.Should say under your credit balance http://giffgaff.com/dashboard to when free gg to gg to expire. If not then a agent should solve this when contact and explain the issue https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 20
by: figment_uk
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:30 edited: 30/04/2015 | 21:09

@gemmahoussein wrote:
I typed in the *100*1# and it says I have free giffgaff to giffgaff. I had 300 texts, I text my brother on giffgaff, and my partner who is also on giffgaff and now I have 298 texts

@gemmahoussein

So when you dialled *100*1# it said your free giffgaff expires on.. and gave a date?

Enter your brother's numbers on this page and click 'Continue' If the next page asks you how much you wish to top-up by, it means the number is being recognised as a giffgaff number. If it shows an error message, the number is not being recognised as giffgaff. Repeat for your partner's number, and let me know what is shows for each number (do not post the numbers)

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 10 of 20