Community

Goody bag+giga bag

Started by: crisllo25
On: 18/10/2015 | 20:47
Replies: 8

by: crisllo25
on: 18/10/2015 | 20:47

Hi!

I had 10£ Goody bag and one week ago I run out of 4g ( no calls and SMS) so I decided to ask for a gigabag (7,50£).But they are not working at the same time. Now I can't call or send SMS and my goody bag expires at 25th of october. 

please, some help? Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 9
by: petercardiff
on: 18/10/2015 | 20:49

You can ask an agent to cancel the gigabag as it was a mistake and they might cancel it for you so you can buy a new goodybag and activate it early.

https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/cancel_queued_goodybag

If you say that it's your first time doing this and you now know it was a mistake - be nice to them and they might be nice back.

No harm in asking.

Message 2 of 9
by: mmzafar
on: 18/10/2015 | 20:52
It looks like you have queued up a gigabag bag which will start after the expiry of your active goodybag. Please note a gigabag does not have any minutes or texts as they are meant for devices like tablets and mifi etc. You will need to cancel the queued gigabag but first you need to confirm from your dashboard if you have one queued up already. You can cancel it yourself or by contacting an agent.

You can start a new goodybag bag immediately (before the expiry of your active goodybag) if you have less than 5 minutes of call time or less than 5 MB of data left.
Message 3 of 9
by: nerakb
on: 18/10/2015 | 20:59

You can only have one 'bag of any description running at a time on your account.

If you started the gigabag early,you'll have completed erased any remaining allowance left on your goodybag.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 4 of 9
by: aishaaa_x
on: 18/10/2015 | 21:28
Only one runs at a time, so with the purchase of your gigabag you have lost the calls and texts remaining from the goodybag
Once all the data is finished/reached 5mb or less then you can purchase a new goodybag
Hope this helpsSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
by: johngould
on: 18/10/2015 | 21:30
Hi, the easiest thing to do is use up the gigabag data quickly, then you can get another goodybag early once your data allowance falls below 5Mb.
Message 6 of 9
by: trevormc55
on: 18/10/2015 | 21:32
Sorry unfortunately you can only have one live goodybag or gigabag at one time
Message 7 of 9
by: borobabe
on: 18/10/2015 | 22:51

You can't have 2 bags running at the same time.  For example, you cannot add a gigabag to a goodybag, and keep both bags running.  If you have a goodybag, but then start a gigabag, you will lose the original goodybag and you will have JUST the gigabag, with just data.  All your minutes, texts and data from the original goodybag will be lost and gone for ever.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
by: navvy
on: 18/10/2015 | 23:11

crisllo25 wrote:

Hi!

I had 10£ Goody bag and one week ago I run out of 4g ( no calls and SMS) so I decided to ask for a gigabag (7,50£).But they are not working at the same time. Now I can't call or send SMS and my goody bag expires at 25th of october. 

please, some help? Thank you very much!

@crisllo25

As you have discovered, you can only have one bag running at a time.  The gigabag you bought has no calls or texts as it is meant for dongles and tablets.

It is much better value to buy a fresh goodybag which will last a full month, and containing enough data to last for the full month.  For example, you used 1GB between 25th Sept and 11th Oct, which is about half a month.  It seems reasonable to assume that you need 2GB to last a full month, which is just £12.  Much cheaper than the £10 + £7.50 that you tried to buy.

You don't want to be on the verge of running out, so £15 for 4GB might be better, and would still be cheaper than the two-bag solution  that would have given you half the data.  That's why giffgaff try to make it possible for you to do it in a much more economical way.

As petercardiff said, you'll need to ask an agent by using the form that he suggested - you aren't likely to get any refund if you've used more than 20MB of data, but at least you would be free to buy a decent-size goodybag, which will be more economical in the future.

If it doubt, it is better to start with a large goodybag for a month and then economise the following month when you can see how much data you really need.

If you recur your goodybag, you can change the recur setting without needing to contact an agent.  It is much more convenient.

Hope  that helps.

Message 9 of 9