Knowledge Base
Community

Goodybag plan

Started by: troyroy
On: 29/04/2018 | 10:05
Replies: 6

by: troyroy
on: 29/04/2018 | 10:05

Hello, I have top up to buy a goody bag and some of my credit was taking when I top up. Can someone explain why? 

Message 1 of 7
by: bengalknights
on: 29/04/2018 | 10:07
Hello is there any background data running?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: various_mm
on: 29/04/2018 | 10:08
@troyroy

your phone would have connected to the internet by the time the goodybag was added to your account, this would have eaten at your credit.

phones tend to connect to the net in the background to update apps etc without you knowing
If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a 'best answer'. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
by: sylwusia
on: 29/04/2018 | 10:11
Probably your phone is synchronising in background email or other things and that takes some money from balance, between top up and purchasing goodybag, the only way is top switch off data before top up and switch on after having confirmation that goodybag is active.
Message 4 of 7
by: bladerunner929
on: 29/04/2018 | 10:11

@troyroy there can be a couple of reasons for this. One being that you had left your data on and background apps running accessing your data which is charged to your credit if no goodybag in place. 

Second is that occasionally there is the 1perfect glitch which is a system error and a message to an agent resolves this. 

But moving forward to avoid both these happening again in future when wishing to buy a goodybag, you can now purchase goodybag's without the need to top up and then use this credit to buy a goodybag. 

A straight goodybag purchase will avoid the issue you have experienced. 

Message 5 of 7
by: troyroy
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:23
I didn't top up my phone I buy a goody bag
Message 6 of 7
by: sloz
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:34
@troyroy
Hi did you top up with a debit card or PayPal or a top up voucher?
How much airtime credit do you currently have
And which value gooybag do you want?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 7