Community

Goodybag

Started by: tt64
On: 10/04/2019 | 12:20
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: tt64
on: 10/04/2019 | 12:20

I have just purchased a giffgaff phone and had to get a £10 goodybag as i didn't  have an account.  I want to use the phone on an existing tesco contract until it runs out so i dont need the goodybag.  I would like to know if i can transfer the goodybag to my husbands account as he is currently a giffgaff user.  I haven't activated the sim yet, just don't want it to go to waste

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: johna002
on: 10/04/2019 | 12:27

@tt64wrote:

I have just purchased a giffgaff phone and had to get a £10 goodybag as i didn't  have an account.  I want to use the phone on an existing tesco contract until it runs out so i dont need the goodybag.  I would like to know if i can transfer the goodybag to my husbands account as he is currently a giffgaff user.  I haven't activated the sim yet, just don't want it to go to waste

Hi there - unfortunately you cannot transfer between accounts.  If your tesco handet is unlocked or you have anotrher unlocked phone you can actiavte the sim and use the goody bag for the month and then just stop uing the sim card.

"PLEASE REMEMBER TO AWARD KUDOS AND A BEST ANSWER TO ANYONE WHO HAS HELPED YOU"
Get a free giffgaff Sim

CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE FOR YOUR FREE SIM CARD
Message 3 of 5
by: danhamman
on: 10/04/2019 | 12:22

@tt64wrote:

Sorry, the goodybag cannot be transferred - it's part of the deal if you're not a member.

Ideally you would have ordered the handset from your husbands account

.:.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
by: johna002
on: 10/04/2019 | 12:27

@tt64wrote:

Hi there - unfortunately you cannot transfer between accounts.  If your tesco handet is unlocked or you have anotrher unlocked phone you can actiavte the sim and use the goody bag for the month and then just stop uing the sim card.

"PLEASE REMEMBER TO AWARD KUDOS AND A BEST ANSWER TO ANYONE WHO HAS HELPED YOU"
Get a free giffgaff Sim

CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE FOR YOUR FREE SIM CARD
Message 3 of 5
by: bladerunner929
on: 10/04/2019 | 12:28

@tt64 hi unfortunately it's not possible to transfer the goodybag to another account, you can activate the sim and use the goodybag allowance via a hotspot for the data then when you are ready you can then port your tesco number to it if this is your plan 

Message 4 of 5
by: bladerunner929
on: 12/04/2019 | 08:52

@tt64  hi, just a note, make sure you get your tesco phone fully unlocked if you plan to use it with giffgaff, although tesco also use the o2 network, they double lock their phones to themselves so no other network provider sim works other than a tesco sim. 

Message 5 of 5