Had no data since 11am yesterday

Started by: philipwoolford
On: 12/03/2019 | 13:15
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: philipwoolford
on: 12/03/2019 | 13:15 edited: 12/03/2019 | 13:18

Hi all

Had no data since 11am yesterday. Service check says mast problem in my area (Castleford UK) but 2g, 3g & 4g all warning normally. I've tried manual roaming but no joy. Any ideas why & how long it's likely to be like this?

Thanks guys

Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: brighthulk
on: 12/03/2019 | 13:19 edited: 12/03/2019 | 13:20

@philipwoolford

Sorry if it's a mast issue then this is out of giffgaff hands as masts are managed by the o2 network & it’s up to them on how quickly their engineers resolve the issue. I suggest you raise a ticket with a giffgaff agent who in turn will raise one with o2 to get you a estimate when the mast will be fixed, a giffgaff agent will respond within the same thread.

To get in contact with a giffgaff agent please follow the link below:

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Calls-texts-and-data/Calls-texts-arent-working/form/

The giffgaff agents usually answer within 4 hours for majority of cases however, can take up to 24 hours during busy periods. The giffgaff agents work 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm.

You will receive a email when a giffgaff agent has replied and the "Messages: From Agents" box is where you can find the agent replies located half way down the right hand side of your "My Giffgaff" page or you can access it direct by following this https://giffgaff.com/support/questions link.

In the mean while i suggest you turn your phone off/on again to see if that helps

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
by: johna002
on: 12/03/2019 | 13:19

@philipwoolfordwrote:

Hi all

Had no data since 11am yesterday. Service check says mast problem in my area (Castleford UK) but 2g, 3g & 4g all warning normally. I've tried manual roaming but no joy. Any ideas why & how long it's likely to be like this?

Thanks guys

HI there - you may jusy need to restart your phone to reconnect to the network.

"PLEASE REMEMBER TO AWARD KUDOS AND A BEST ANSWER TO ANYONE WHO HAS HELPED YOU"
Get a free giffgaff Sim

CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE FOR YOUR FREE SIM CARD
Message 2 of 10
by: brighthulk
on: 12/03/2019 | 13:19 edited: 12/03/2019 | 13:20

@philipwoolford

Sorry if it's a mast issue then this is out of giffgaff hands as masts are managed by the o2 network & it’s up to them on how quickly their engineers resolve the issue. I suggest you raise a ticket with a giffgaff agent who in turn will raise one with o2 to get you a estimate when the mast will be fixed, a giffgaff agent will respond within the same thread.

To get in contact with a giffgaff agent please follow the link below:

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Calls-texts-and-data/Calls-texts-arent-working/form/

The giffgaff agents usually answer within 4 hours for majority of cases however, can take up to 24 hours during busy periods. The giffgaff agents work 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm.

You will receive a email when a giffgaff agent has replied and the "Messages: From Agents" box is where you can find the agent replies located half way down the right hand side of your "My Giffgaff" page or you can access it direct by following this https://giffgaff.com/support/questions link.

In the mean while i suggest you turn your phone off/on again to see if that helps

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
by: sloz
on: 12/03/2019 | 13:33
@philipwoolford
Hi can you still make /send and receive calls and texts?

Which phone do you have?
Do you see a connection symbol
(3G, 4G, H, E, gprs)
Next to the signal bars?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 10
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:38

Still no service on Friday evening & having been told it's down to a mast issue, I'm now in an area where service checker is saying service is good & no mast issues. I'm hoping it's not my phone (I've tried a manual roam!). Any ideas guys?

Message 5 of 10
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:19
@philipwoolford
So data still doesn't work in another area?

Does it actually say "no service"
At the top of the phone or do you have signal bars and a connection symbol
(3G, 4G, H, E, gprs)

Which phone do you have?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 10
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:31
Have signal bars but no 2g, 3g or 4g. Just tried SIM in another phone & no signal there either.
Message 7 of 10
by: drew9999
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:35
hi o2 coverage map gone to s*&t.
check it red all over
Message 8 of 10
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:41 edited: 15/03/2019 | 21:36

@philipwoolford
Which phone do you have?

Do you have another unactivated giffgaff sim card? 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10
on: 15/03/2019 | 21:37
All sorted thanks. Faulty SIM. Did SIM swap & all's good now
Message 10 of 10