Handset has become network barred. HELP

Started by: max_wykes
On: 22/06/2014 | 20:07
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: max_wykes
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:07

Hi,

I have an xperia Z1 that I bought on Ebay in March. All has been well until last week when I relaised that My handset has been barred.

I have paid for a Checkmend report and this says that the phone has been reported as lost/stolen. How do I find out who repored this and how can I get the phone un-barred?

Thanks

Max

Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: greenfrogman
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:13

@max_wykes wrote:

Hi,

I have an xperia Z1 that I bought on Ebay in March. All has been well until last week when I relaised that My handset has been barred.

I have paid for a Checkmend report and this says that the phone has been reported as lost/stolen. How do I find out who repored this and how can I get the phone un-barred?

Thanks

Max

the problem is its over 4 months, Ebay may not act on it, but you need to get incontact with the police and report it to them and then contact ebay and tell them if you got his address you can then file small claims court on him 

the person has filed an insurance claim on the phone

Please mark the correct answer so users can find them later on

Message 6 of 11
by: ben199814
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:08
Hi there, sorry to hear about this. You can contact an agent here: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

They should be able to provide you with the information your looking for.

You can check for replys to the message here: http://giffgaff.com/support/questions

Agents can take up to 24 hours to reply but are generally a lot quicker!

Hope This gets sorted for you Smiley Happy
Did I Help? Let Me Know With KUDOS [+★]
Is Your Question Resolved? Please Set A BEST ANSWER
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
by: johnnylager
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:09 edited: 22/06/2014 | 20:10

@max_wykes wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Max

I'd imagine it was the person you bought it off, report it to giffgaff and ebay. Giffgaff should get in touch with the insurance fraud department and hopefully you paid by paypal and you'll get your money back.

What did the original advert say, what it still in contract?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
by: darrenpainter
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:11

There are two likely candidates for who has locked it

The Ebay seller, who may have reported it lost to cash in on insurance

or the original network if it was under contract due to non payment.

I would start via the original ebay seller first. Unless you can prove legitimate ownership of the phone and explain why it would have been requested to be added to the blacklist then its unlikely you will get it removed

Message 4 of 11
by: ali7864
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:11
Contact agent
Get a free giffgaff Sim

IF MY ANSWER HELPED PLEASE CLICK ON MY KUDO Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
by: greenfrogman
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:13

@max_wykes wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Max

the problem is its over 4 months, Ebay may not act on it, but you need to get incontact with the police and report it to them and then contact ebay and tell them if you got his address you can then file small claims court on him 

the person has filed an insurance claim on the phone

Please mark the correct answer so users can find them later on

Message 6 of 11
by: richybhoy36
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:15
Hi there sorry to hear about that but i think its illegal if its blacklisted your stuck with it !! Might have been some kind of scam by the seller 😞
Message 7 of 11
by: johny121
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:18
Hi @max_wykes

Sorry to hear about, but it sounds like the seller has reported stolen/lost and now the handset is blacklisted , you can contact a agent to see if they can help to contact a agent go to your My giffgaff page and you'll find the "Ask an Agent" link half way down the left hand side. This is where you will also see when an agent has replied to you. Here's a link
https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/ it can take up two 24 hours for a agent to reply to your question.
Message 8 of 11
by: mazza2010
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:23
contact a agent on this link below
Http://giffgaff.com/support/ask
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 11
by: m_morley
on: 22/06/2014 | 20:35

You will need to take this to the police as from what you say it is stolen and has been blocked and this is why it is silly to buy a phone second hand from ebay as too easy for you to be ripped off

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 11