Knowledge Base
Community

Hello. can i order a sim for my son on my account and then select the tariff i want to pay for?

Started by: joe_nuccio
On: 23/08/2016 | 09:39
Replies: 10

by: joe_nuccio
on: 23/08/2016 | 09:39

I want to order a £20 sim for my son and pay for it on my account. I just ordered a sim from my account but there was no option to select which one I wanted.

Message 1 of 11
by: sloz
on: 23/08/2016 | 09:42
Hi. You select the goodybsg you want at the point of activation

Each sim needs its own separate account The username needs to be different , but password , email and payment method can be the same

you need to make sure you're logged out of your own account by clicking here
Http://j.mp/giff_logout

Register the account here
https://giffgaff.com/auth/signup

And activate the sim here
Http://j.mp/activate_sim
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 11
by: chevening
on: 23/08/2016 | 09:42
You need to set up a separate account for another sim with a different username although you can use your personal details and credit/debit card.
Message 3 of 11
by: johngould
on: 23/08/2016 | 09:43
Hi,
All giffgaff sims are 3 in 1 size. Push out the size you require.

It's one sim per account.
You must create a new account for your son's sim.
You can still use your bank card on his account.
All the information can be the same as yours if you wish, except for the username.
Message 4 of 11
by: redknight3333

@joe_nuccio

Good morning my friend, sorry one active sim pre one account, just make another account for your son and active it on that account.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 11
by: tazzy19

@joe_nuccio

All sims are now 3 in 1 so will fit any phone.

until you have received the sim and activated it you will not be able to order a goodybag.

Remember when you activate the sim it has to have a different username to yours, all other details can remain the same.

Message 6 of 11
by: dbcooper_
on: 23/08/2016 | 09:44
All SIM cards contain three sizes in one, just put out the nano or micro SIM as required

Its only possible to have one active SIM per account so you will need to start a new account for the new SIM

Just create a new account with a different username. All the other account details can remain the same including card details, email address etc. Please ensure that you log out of this account first before attempting to set up the new account or it might end up causing real problems otherwise. If you go to the log in page and click 'new to giffgaff' you can start the new set up for the account and SIM activation

Hope this helps @joe_nuccio

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 11
by: p33t3r
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:07
You need to open a new account with you as the source of payment. This will then be debited to you at your address
Message 8 of 11
by: sugees
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:11
Yes u can . Login into your giff gaff
Then on the opening screen it will usually have a button sayin order more sI'm.
Click order
Then sent to me

Then u can activate it for him when sim comes

and top your desire amount by crefit or debit card or voucher from a recogniseor giffgaff certified retailer
Message 9 of 11
by: sohaib473_dupe
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:36

hi when sim arrives you will have to activate it and when activating you have to choose a goodybag (£10 min for the first time) and sellect the £20 goodyybag which lasts for 30 days and free giffgaff to giffgaff calls for 90 days

hope this helps
thank you
Message 10 of 11