Community

Help, Texts

Started by: tomrutz
On: 09/05/2013 | 17:41
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: tomrutz
on: 09/05/2013 | 17:41

i recently got an iphone which was locked to orange so i am using orange as a temp service until i can unlock over to giff gaff i have been with giff gaff for 2 years, i lost my sim ordered a new one but have not activated it in 4+ months just then i activated it because i wanted any texts made to my number would come through but none have? is it possible for them to come through or has giff gaff retained them? how can i get them to come through?

many thanks tom

Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: saphira3231
on: 09/05/2013 | 17:44
you probably wont have received any if the sim was not activated for the duration of that time.

the network would not recognise that sim as an active number so all attempts at contacting it would be made inert
If I helped, please Kudo me for the support Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
by: qasim_hussain
on: 09/05/2013 | 17:43
text setting to 2020
Message 2 of 9
by: endorphin
on: 09/05/2013 | 17:43
As your SIM and gg number would have been barred when you reported your SIM as lost I don't think any texts sent to it would have been saved.
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
by: saphira3231
you probably wont have received any if the sim was not activated for the duration of that time.

the network would not recognise that sim as an active number so all attempts at contacting it would be made inert
If I helped, please Kudo me for the support Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
by: mic_fin
Obviously if your phone is locked to orange. It cant pick up o2 or giffgaff. Hence its not going to recieve texts.

Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
by: ljrose
on: 09/05/2013 | 17:45

If you received a replacement sim and have not activated it in 4 months you may have to contact the agents for another.

Im not sure if it could still be activated after that lenght of time.

Activated ones expire after around 6 months but not sure what happens to rerplacement ones.

https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Please Mark as Solution the post that Solved your Problem and give Kudo to anyone you think helped you.
Message 6 of 9
by: bigdaveuk
on: 09/05/2013 | 17:45
You need to activate the sim first then put sim inside your phone but if its been 4 months u might not get any texts sent to u as they will try for as long as a week then exspire
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
by: dalan
on: 09/05/2013 | 17:48
If you phone is locked to orange, it won't work on gg.
Also you probably have a bar on your sim.
See here on how to activate a replacement sim.
Activating a replacement sim.

When a replacement sim arrives, it will have a
security bar automatically applied.
This will, in a lot of cases, disable itself once it is
activated, but not always.
If not, will have to ask an agent to remove it for you.

To raise a case the agents,go to Help on your my giffgaff page, then click Ask an Agent from the links on the page, or this link http://bit.ly/giffgaffagent

You Do Not need to top up a replacement sim in
order to activate it.

To raise a case the agents,go to Help on your my giffgaff page, then click Ask an Agent from the links on the page, or this link

http://j.mp/agentsgaff

If you have problems, choose 30 in the drop down box. And then write the specific nature of your issue in the text box provided.

If it helps,
Feel free to use this post at a later date
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9