Knowledge Base
Community

Hi, I have recently changed my phone and need a replacement sim card for my account....

Started by: neilius1972
On: 09/05/2016 | 15:49
Replies: 6

by: neilius1972
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:49

How do I get a replacement sim for my existing account?

Thanks....

Message 1 of 7
by: petercardiff
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:50

If you click on this link it will explain how to order a new sim card and do a sim swap when it arrives.

https://giffgaff.com/support/sim-and-number/change-your-sim

Message 2 of 7
by: digit2
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:51
Order via your page then when you receive it do a sim swap so your account will transfer.
Message 3 of 7
by: nad786hussain
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:51 edited: 09/05/2016 | 15:53

If you require another size simcard and keep same giffgaff number then easiest option would be to walk into any market stall phone shop and have your simcard cut down to size so it fits the new phone. these shops also sell simcard adapters if you required a bigger simcard later.

You can perform a free simswap, simswap is a system which is used to replace a simcard with another one, you will keep your existing phone number and credits or goodybags, please note that other data (e.g. contacts & texts) are not transferred, so make sure to save them before you start:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/W​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​hat-is-SIM-S...

Order free from this link once you are logged into your account:

https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm

Pick giffgaff simcard from most corner shops, local market stall phone shops

Message 4 of 7
by: emaad_yasin
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:52
If you order a sim. Then just sign in with your existing account to use your previous settings
Message 5 of 7
by: bruno0059
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:55

If you don't have an unactivated SIM, you can order a new SIM here.

To perform a SIM Swap:

• Back-up any contacts, texts and other data saved on your current SIM to your phone memory or PC, as this cannot be transferred through SIM Swap.
  • Go to the Replace your SIM section of My giffgaff and click on 'Activate your SIM'.

If you have an active PAC code on your account then the link above will not work for you. Instead follow this link to perform a SIM swap and proceed from point 3.

SIM swap 01.png

• Enter the 6 digit activation code of the new SIM card, and click 'Continue'.

SIM swap 02.PNG

• This is where SIM Swap starts. It will ask you to confirm that you want to swap SIMs. (You'll need to double check the SIM Serial Numbers (SSN) to confirm you've logged into the correct account.)

SIM swap 03.png

• After choosing "Yes, I want to replace my SIM" then "Yes, I'm sure", your old SIM will be deactivated and activation of the new SIM will begin. This may take anything from a few minutes to 24 hours - the 'norm' is around 30 minutes.

SIM swap 04.png

• Once you have pressed 'Yes I'm sure' click the button to take you back to My giffgaff where your dashboard will look like this. Once the SIM is activated your goodybag/gigabag and airtime credit will show.

SIM swap 05.PNG

• Put the new SIM into your device. Turn the device OFF/ON at 30 minute intervals until you get a signal and the SIM starts working.

• You have completed SIM Swap! Enjoy.

If you have lost the plastic card on which the activation code was printed then simply click 'Can't find your activation code?' and enter the 13 or 19 digit SIM Serial Number instead.

SIM swap 08.png

The SIM Serial Number is printed on your SIM card just by the 3Ggg1 for 3G SIM cards or 4Ggg4 for 4G SIM cards. If you have a Nano SIM, enter 894411 followed by the 13 digit SIM Serial Number found on your SIM.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: hunterchunk
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:56

@neilius1972 You can order a new 3-1 from your spread page or you can take the sim you are using now to a local phone shop and they will ( very cheap ) cut it to size for you. This will save you having to do a sim swap when your new sim arrives 

Message 7 of 7