Knowledge Base
Community

How can Data Limit Exceed when on Unlimited Goody Bag?

Started by: emmanuelray
On: 07/11/2015 | 14:56
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: emmanuelray
on: 07/11/2015 | 14:56

Hi everyone. I posted this message to an Agent, but decided to copy-paste it here to see if any of you know anything about these issues. 

1) Internet Data

My Unlimited Goody Bag with Always on Data is now active.

But on my phone, I see the following message;

"Mobile date limited exceeded.

1.48 GB over specified limit."

What does that mean?

The reason I paid for the unlimited package was to be able to watch videos and use youtube as I am working on my online channel. Plus I also have to access various videos online to research a documentary I want to film. This limit exceeding thingy is woryying me!

How do we solve this problem?

2) Error Message?

I also see a message pop on on my phone saying;

"Mobile hotspot active
Touch to set up"

What's that about?

3) Friend's Question;

And finally, a friend of mine wants to know if you have "have unlimited hot spot - sharing connection to your laptop."

He also mentioned "personal hotspot allowance"

What should I tell him?

Thank you in advance,
Emmanuel

Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: marka2
on: 07/11/2015 | 15:09

emmanuelray wrote:

What does that mean?

2) Error Message?

"Mobile hotspot active
Touch to set up"

What's that about?

3) Friend's Question;

And finally, a friend of mine wants to know if you have "have unlimited hot spot - sharing connection to your laptop."

What should I tell him?

Thank you in advance,
Emmanuel

1. The data allowance exceeded message is from the data manager app  on your phone. 
  2. You have the mobile hotspot turned on on your phone, this is to enable you to connect another device to it and share the inernet connection, you can disable it in settings
  3. As regards your friend's question you can tether up to 6GB on the "Always on" goodybag after that there is no tethering allowed.
Message 5 of 10
by: johnrooney80
on: 07/11/2015 | 15:00
Hi buddy
The 3g unlimited goodybag is exactly that, unlimited, but tethering or 'sharing' this is strictly forbidden and could incur a ban
The 6gb always_on 4g goodybag is tetherable only for the first 6gb of data, then its forbidden and you still get slower data @256 kb/s
Message 2 of 10
by: manocas
on: 07/11/2015 | 15:00
The 'always on' £20 goodybag has unlimited data, but a limit of 6Gb applies to tethering and faster speeds. Once you're over the 6Gb tethering will not be allowed and you'll experience slower speeds during peak hours. Let me know if this unclear.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
on: 07/11/2015 | 15:03
I might add, Emmanuel
12gb to 15gb is a safety amount to consume monthly
More than this will set off detection alarms and you'll risk a banSmiley Wink
Text PLAN to 43430 regularly to remain within a fair useage amount
Message 4 of 10
by: marka2
on: 07/11/2015 | 15:09

emmanuelray wrote:

What does that mean?

2) Error Message?

"Mobile hotspot active
Touch to set up"

What's that about?

3) Friend's Question;

What should I tell him?

Thank you in advance,
Emmanuel

1. The data allowance exceeded message is from the data manager app  on your phone. 
  2. You have the mobile hotspot turned on on your phone, this is to enable you to connect another device to it and share the inernet connection, you can disable it in settings
  3. As regards your friend's question you can tether up to 6GB on the "Always on" goodybag after that there is no tethering allowed.
Message 5 of 10
on: 07/11/2015 | 15:28

Thank you all for your responses. 

I did the "PLAN" thingy and giffgaff recommends me the 4G £18 goody bag. I'll bear this in mind. 

But unlimited would suit me better. 

It's a shame that there is no tethering after 6GB.

I don't want to spend money on a home broadband service supplier. I'd rather just use Giffgaff on my laptop.

Besides, I don't want a landline. The landline-free Relish might seem like a good idea but I have heard about coverage and signal problems, plus it is not available where I live although I am close to Kings Cross. Crazy!

I am not sure if there is any solution for my "internet on my laptop" problem. Gifgaff should bring a package wigth unlimited tethering and maybe sell it for £30 ?

Message 6 of 10
on: 07/11/2015 | 15:41
Fo an xtra £2 you'll get as close to unlimited as there isSmiley Wink
Always on is exactly that!! Plus theres UNLIMITED minutes with it too
Look for it here
Http://giffgaff.com/goodybags
Depending on when you joined there may be an offer of 3g unlimited goodybag available tooSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
on: 07/11/2015 | 19:49

That's the goody bag I already have. But it isn't as unlimited as I thought it would be!

Message 8 of 10
by: holymoly
on: 07/11/2015 | 22:44
What phone do you have?
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
on: 04/12/2015 | 14:44

I use a Motorola Moto G 2nd generation. 

Everyone, thank you so much for all your comments. I have contacted the Giffgaff team. 

I got a new goody bag but there still seems to be a problem with tethering. 

I think it's a different issue this time, as I did get the Always on Data package but reached the 6GB limit pretty quickly.

I then got the unlimited package and was very cautious with tethering, but still have internet problems. 

I wih giffgaff had a call centre or acontact number for issues that are proving difficult to solve. 

This way e could talk to an I.T person on the phone and that would be very helpful for people like me who are not technically savvy!

Message 10 of 10