Community

How can I top just £1 as I have £5 credit but the goody bags are now £6

Started by: casey2030
On: 25/05/2019 | 10:09
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: casey2030
on: 25/05/2019 | 10:09
How can I top up only £1 as I have £5 credit and the minimum goody bag is £6? I don’t want to top up another £10 as I’m starting a new sim when this one runs out thanks
Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: timco
on: 25/05/2019 | 11:52

One thing you can do is ask the agents nicely and they may, at their discretion, credit you with a £1 so you can buy a bag.

They have done this in the past but can be very hit and miss.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 8
by: smithster225225
on: 25/05/2019 | 10:11

@casey2030wrote:

How can I top up only £1 as I have £5 credit and the minimum goody bag is £6? I don’t want to top up another £10 as I’m starting a new sim when this one runs out thanks

Hi there,

Sadly, the minimum top up is £10

It might be best to buy the £6 directly and keep the £5 as credit

thanks

Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 2 of 8
by: muddycalhoun
on: 25/05/2019 | 10:42
@casey2030 Hi Casey, unfortunately you have no way of topping up less than £10 withgiffgaff (especially inconvenient that the goodybag you want is £6)
One solution (if you plan on staying with giffgaff) would be to add the £10 credit for your £6 goodybag and when you come to get your new sim, perform a sim swap. That will transfer everything from your old sim including any unused credit or goodybag allowance.
See the guide for performing a sim swap using the link
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-id-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084
That might be a solution to the quandary
Message 3 of 8
on: 25/05/2019 | 10:58
Thanks muddy
If I was to do that would I lose the number on the other sim ?
Or would it just transfer the credit and data ?
Message 4 of 8
by: avid_fan
on: 25/05/2019 | 11:17

Hi @casey2030 

When you do a SIM swap all your account details will transfer over to the new SIM in full within 30 minutes, including goodybag, number and credit. (Restart the phone If not completed by then)

● Remember to back up your SIM contacts. (e.g. - via Bluetooth or sd card if available)

To carry out a SIM swap click this link and log in ● Http://j.mp/swapsim
● Enter in the 6 digit code from your new SIM

On the next page it will show the 6 digit activation codes and SIM serial numbers of your current and new SIM cards ...... Click on where it says ...
● "Yes I want to replace my SIM" (scroll down to see on mobile)
● On the next page click "yes I'm sure"

Your new SIM should be active within 30 minutes.Your old SIM will then be disabled. You have now completed a SIM swap. Full giffgaff guide to this here http://bit.ly/kbggswap

For a giffgaff YouTube guide to this see here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8UzULPdAEA

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 8
by: jfc1951
on: 25/05/2019 | 11:44 edited: 25/05/2019 | 12:08

@casey2030wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by starting a new SIM @casey2030 

Are you changing networks, if so, you cannot transfer any giffgaff credit to the new network.

Or are you starting a new giffgaff account with a different number - you could get a new number on your current account (retaining your credit) if you want,. BUT if you want a new account you cannot transfer anything from your other account across to it.

Or do you need a new SIM of a different size for another phone. In this case you can transfer your current account to the new SIM.

EDIT to (hopefully) improve clarity.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
by: timco
on: 25/05/2019 | 11:52

One thing you can do is ask the agents nicely and they may, at their discretion, credit you with a £1 so you can buy a bag.

They have done this in the past but can be very hit and miss.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 8
on: 25/05/2019 | 16:09
Nice one timco I did this and they gave me a pound 👍
Message 8 of 8