Started by: giovanniacanfora23
On: 31/03/2017 | 09:36
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: giovanniacanfora23
on: 31/03/2017 | 09:36

Should I just inform my bank to stop DD payments 

as their doesn't seem anywhere on my account to stop 

not been able to speak to someone when you have a problem and anything I email to agent could take up to 5 days !

not really for me 

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: insaneyln
on: 31/03/2017 | 09:50

giovanniacanfora23 wrote:

not been able to speak to someone when you have a problem and anything I email to agent could take up to 5 days !

not really for me 

@giovanniacanfora23, head to the following link: https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

remove your credit / debit card details; disable the Auto top up and Recurring goodybag features, if you have either or both previously enabled.

If you do not have the inclination to port your existing number from Giffgaff to another service provider, then just leave the SIM card unused for six months; the number will eventually get recycled.

I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6
by: blade50007
on: 31/03/2017 | 09:39
Hi there...if you login to your account you can disable reccuring goodybags or auto topups there..and also remove your bank card details..
Message 2 of 6
by: drsdiddee
on: 31/03/2017 | 09:42
Hi
If you want to take your number with you to the new provider just ask for a PAC number
you will be given a number and your account will be closed when you switch.

link: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/PAC-How-can-I-get-mine-to-transfer-my-number/...

good luck
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
by: insaneyln
on: 31/03/2017 | 09:50

giovanniacanfora23 wrote:

not really for me 

@giovanniacanfora23, head to the following link: https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

remove your credit / debit card details; disable the Auto top up and Recurring goodybag features, if you have either or both previously enabled.

If you do not have the inclination to port your existing number from Giffgaff to another service provider, then just leave the SIM card unused for six months; the number will eventually get recycled.

I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6
by: datdad
on: 31/03/2017 | 10:01
@giovanniacanfora23
Oh dear it's a pity that 'it's not for you' on the grounds it seems that you can't speak to anyone.
Research into Giffgaff prior to starting the account may have shown that Giffgaff s offer is all on line and that assistance is provided by other members who are fast and often knowledgeable. Money matter queries are dealt with by the agents who seem to answer pretty fast certainly not taking 5 days.
As for stopping do make sure that you take all you card / payments details from your account and
then don't use the Giffgaff account.
You mention direct debit, if this is for the repayment for phone purchase to Ratesetter then that needs to continue until paid off .
Message 6 of 6