How do I copy the entire contents from moto g4 to new moto g6

Started by: teport
On: 17/01/2019 | 19:35
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: teport
on: 17/01/2019 | 19:35

Hiya all,

Received new moto g6 today, I know  that google will restore most of the old phone content to the new but not all, texts for example.

All info/thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks

Tel

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: hezp
on: 17/01/2019 | 20:21
For info: I had a Moto G4 & now have the Moto G6. I can't remember what it is called, but when I put the new Giffgaff SIM into the G6 a message came up telling me to turn on my G4 & put the backs of the G4 & G6 together, there was a vibration & 'everything' (all Apps, Whatsapp messages, 100+ Contacts, All Files & Photos transferred over. I couldn't believe how quickly it happened. BUT my daughter-in-law had the Moto G4 Plus & it didn't have this facility.
I have just Googled a query & the nearest to the above I can find (if it doesn't work for you) is number 3 on this link:
https://www.guidingtech.com/28834/transfer-contacts-moto-g/
-----
I do hope this helps you.
Message 4 of 5
by: mangowalk
on: 17/01/2019 | 19:41
you can save things to the cloud before setting up the new phone. I don 't think you can transfer ordinary texts if you have the same phone number you should be able to retrieve your whatsapp messages!
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
by: spacefrog
on: 17/01/2019 | 20:02

@teport

That's an interesting question. The Motorola Migrate App only supports phones on Android 2.2 through Android 5.1, it will no longer work with Android 6 and above. However, one way for you to have your apps backed up is through Google Drive Backup. Just go to Settings > Backup and Reset >  Toggle on Back up my account. You can also back up your Photos, just go to Photos App > Tap or Swipe down the screen until you see "backing up" > Once done, you should see "Backup Complete". Let me know how it goes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 3 of 5
by: hezp
on: 17/01/2019 | 20:21
For info: I had a Moto G4 & now have the Moto G6. I can't remember what it is called, but when I put the new Giffgaff SIM into the G6 a message came up telling me to turn on my G4 & put the backs of the G4 & G6 together, there was a vibration & 'everything' (all Apps, Whatsapp messages, 100+ Contacts, All Files & Photos transferred over. I couldn't believe how quickly it happened. BUT my daughter-in-law had the Moto G4 Plus & it didn't have this facility.
I have just Googled a query & the nearest to the above I can find (if it doesn't work for you) is number 3 on this link:
https://www.guidingtech.com/28834/transfer-contacts-moto-g/
-----
I do hope this helps you.
Message 4 of 5
by: teport
on: 19/01/2019 | 14:57
Thanks, you are right, deceided to just "go for it", moto g6 led me through the easy transfer from my g4. Still left the problem of no text transfer to g6, used SMS Backup & Restore (free) and it worked really well so now sorted.
Message 5 of 5