Knowledge Base
Community

How do i claim compensation for the outage which still isnt working properly for a second day

Started by: leedevlin8
On: 07/12/2018 | 18:22
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: leedevlin8
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:22

how do i go about claiming compensation for the outage which still isnt up and running properly for a second day 

I'm still having to wifi at every available opportunity 

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mrsgrowler
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:59

@leedevlin8 wrote:

how do i go about claiming compensation for the outage which still isnt up and running properly for a second day 

I'm still having to wifi at every available opportunity 

Have you followed the advice in this thread @leedevlin8

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/RESTORED-2G-3G-and-4G-services-impacted-across-the...

But bear in mind that if you have an issue today it might be unconnected to yesterday’s happenings.

For example when I couldn’t access data this morning I wasn’t sure if it was down to the “major event” or was just a continuation of the loss of data I had been suffering from over the previous 4 days due to work being carried out on a local mast.

Remember technology isn’t perfect!

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 3 of 7
by: dp
on: 07/12/2018 | 19:05
If it's still not working then try truning on airplane mode, then turn it off again.

That will restart the network connection.
Message 5 of 7
by: hassan_javed
on: 07/12/2018 | 20:13
giffgaff will be sending out emails to all members from today and over the next few days. If you feel that you were significantly affected then you can click through and make your choice.

Registration will stay open until close of play on Friday 14th Dec and I’ll update you again on next steps on Monday 17th.

I’d like to say sorry again that this has happened. We let you down and that’s never something we want to do.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: hdavey17
on: 07/12/2018 | 20:17

An email will be sent to all users with a link to either claim credit or donate to charity. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 7