Knowledge Base
Community

How to pay for goody bag with acount credit.

Started by: chasb97
On: 11/02/2019 | 17:52
Replies: 4

by: chasb97
on: 11/02/2019 | 17:52

Hi,

I normally pay be direct debit. I ordered a new phone from Giffgaff recently and the delivery was screwed up. By way of saying " sorry" I was credited with cash to the equivalent of 2 months goody bag but the renewal has just been taken by direct debit again.

How can I use the credit on my account until it runs out and then go back onto direct debit?

Message 1 of 5
by: brighthulk
on: 11/02/2019 | 17:53
@chasb97
Please start by disabling any active recurring goodybag under your payment details page here http://www.giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

To exchange the airtime credit for a goodybag bundle follow the steps below:

➡ Login -> https://giffgaff.com/auth/login
➡ Go to the "Top-up" section of the website
➡ Select the goodybag you wish to buy and then click “select button”.
➡ Your goodybag appears in your basket. Click "Select" next to "I only need a goodybag"
➡ Click "Continue" without ticking the box to recur your goodybag
➡ Click "Exchange airtime credit"

You also have the option to do this from your phone please dial 43430, free from your phone and at the main menu , please select option 2 and follow the instructions to exchange the airtime credit for a goodybag.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: weelesleymc
on: 11/02/2019 | 17:55

turn off recurring

dial 43430 option 2 pick a goodybag and it will queue behind the one you have @chasb97

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 5
by: giffgafful
on: 11/02/2019 | 17:57
Disable the recurring goodybag you have in place. Now start the goodybag purchase process. Provided that you still have enough airtime balance to purchase your goodybag of choice, you should be offered the option of paying with airtime during the manual goodybag purchase process. This will then queue up and automatically take over from the live goodybag when it expires. Since you may have enough credit for 2 goodybags, you may then have to repeat this process once the queued goodybag expires. Thereafter, once the 2nd goodybag has gone live after it has been queued, you can switch recurring goodybags on again if you like and pay against a payment card again. Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
by: chasb97
on: 11/02/2019 | 19:03 edited: 11/02/2019 | 19:06

Thanks for the feedback. All sorted. 

Message 5 of 5