Knowledge Base
Community

Huawei mate 20 lite

Started by: neilb80342
On: 12/02/2019 | 16:39
Replies: 7

by: neilb80342
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:39

Hi, just had a brand new Huawei Mate 20 Lite delivered and have ind=serted and activated the SIM.

No mobile network coverage is showing despite the £25 Goodybag being activated.

Can anyone advise if I need to unlock this phone?

Message 1 of 8
by: wildwolf17
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:40
Hi Neil

Did you purchase the handset from GG ??

Is your sim already activated. If it is a new SIM it will need activating
Message 2 of 8
by: clikasarus
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:43

@neilb80342Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community 

• SIM activation's are completed within 30 minutes, however during periods it can take up to 24 hours for the activation to complete.

• You can check if your SIM has been activated by logging in here ⬇️

Dashboard

• You will notice the completion of the SIM when you see any active allowances e.g goodybag/ airtime credit along with your New Number 

I hope this helps👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
by: brighthulk
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:46
@neilb80342
Has the SIM been activated recently? if so, Most SIM activation's are processed within a few minutes but it can take up to 24 hours in some situations.
You can check if your SIM has been activated by logging in to "My giffgaff" here http://www.giffgaff.com/dashboard . When the SIM is activated, your new giffgaff number will be displayed below your membername and your credit and/or goodybag will also be shown.

During the progress please turn the phone off/on every 30 minutes to see if that helps.

If your SIM is not activated after 24 hours, please contact a giffgaff agent so they can verify the status of your activation.

Don't forget to include:
• Your name
• Your giffgaff membername
• The 6 digit Activation Code and
• The 13 or 19 digit SIM Serial Number (SSN) printed on the SIM itself (right before 3Ggg/4Ggg).

To get in contact with a giffgaff agent please follow the link below to the agent form and fill in the appropriate text box or/and text area with your issue.

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Getting-Started/Activating-my-SIM/form/

The giffgaff agents usually answer within 4 hours for majority of cases however, can take up to 24 hours during busy periods. The giffgaff agents work 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm.

You will receive a email when a giffgaff agent has replied and the "Messages: From Agents" box is where you can find the agent replies located half way down the right hand side of your "My Giffgaff" page or you can access it direct by following this https://giffgaff.com/support/questions link.

However, if you find the SIM is activated are you sure the phone is unlocked? If you have an error message on your phone (eg.s "Invalid SIM", "Enter Network Unlock Key"), it is likely that your phone is locked to another operator. For more information about unlocking your phone, you can have a peek at giffgaff unlockapedia here http://giffgaff.com/unlock which is a handy guide to websites and advice to unlock specific phones.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
by: mrbergstrom1967
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:48
Good Afternoon @neilb80342

If the phone was purchased from giffgaff then its already fully unlocked to all networks.
Message 5 of 8
by: insaneyln
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:57

@neilb80342 wrote:

Hi, just had a brand new Huawei Mate 20 Lite delivered and have ind=serted and activated the SIM.

No mobile network coverage is showing despite the £25 Goodybag being activated.

Can anyone advise if I need to unlock this phone?

@neilb80342; where did you purchase the aforementioned phone? Are you able to discern if the handset is network locked?

Message 6 of 8
on: 12/02/2019 | 17:02
Hi, no this handset was purchased through PMGC, I have been notified that the SIM has been activated but no network. I've just been on the phone to them, it seems that they supply them locked to Voda, Numpties, I specifically asked for an unlocked device!
Message 7 of 8
on: 12/02/2019 | 17:03
Thanks for the reply, it appears I have been sent a handset that's locked to Voda.
Message 8 of 8